Mount Mary University is a welcoming, one-of-a-kind creative culture that supports you to explore your passions, develop your skills and turn energy into action to achieve personal and professional success.
- Four-year, accredited, nonprofit private university for women founded in 1913 and sponsored by the School Sisters of Notre Dame
- Located on a beautiful, 80-acre campus in metropolitan Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Students of all faiths and beliefs are welcome at this Catholic university.
- 1,385 total students, 860 undergraduate and 525 graduate.
- Undergraduate programs open to women only, but graduate programs are coed.
- More than 30 undergraduate majors and 9 graduate programs
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission North Central Association
- The average class size is 12 to 20 students
- Faculty to student ratio is 1:10
- All classes are taught by faculty, not teaching assistants.
- 62 percent of Mount Mary full-time faculty hold a Ph.D. or other terminal degree in their field.
- Nearly 20 percent of Mount Mary students participate in a study abroad experience (compared to 1 percent national average).
- Many graduates are placed in jobs in their field within six months of graduation. Occupational Therapy has a 100 percent job placement rate.
- Mount Mary students have interned everywhere from Milwaukee to New York City and Washington, D.C. at organizations such as Harley-Davidson Motor Co., Johnson Controls, Justice 2000, Los Angeles Police Department, Milwaukee Public Schools, NYLON magazine, Safe & Sound and Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce.
- College Choice: Best U.S. Women's Colleges - Mount Mary is #16
- U.S. News and World Report - Mount Mary ranks #91 in the region
- U.S. News and World Report - Mount Mary is #33 in the region for Best Colleges for Veterans
- President's Higher Education Community Service Award - Mount Mary is on the honor roll with distinction for its commitment to community involvement and service learning
- 7 women’s NCAA Division III athletics teams: basketball, cross country, soccer, softball, tennis, golf, and volleyball
- More than 40 student-run clubs and organizations and honor societies
- Caroline Hall offers single and double rooms with private or shared bathrooms/showers, wireless internet, cable TV, student lounges, computer labs and laundry facilities. See room and board rates.
- On-campus dining options include the dining hall, Parkway Place grill and 3 coffee shops. Vending machines also are available, including a healthy choices vending machine. See meal plans.
- Your success is important and Mount Mary supports your success through campus resources such as: campus ministry, career development, academic advising, counseling, tutoring, testing, and disability services.
Community Service & Social Justice
- Study abroad experiences include service learning opportunities such as assisting at health clinics in Peru and helping families in Nicaragua build a sustainable future.
- History students have the opportunity to go to the United Nations and work with the School Sisters of Notre Dame non-governmental organization.
- Interior Design students work with nonprofit organizations such as Lissy’s Place to design new spaces at shelters for homeless and abused women.
- Students help the less fortunate with home repairs, yard work and more on campus ministry service trips to Tennessee and other places.
Cost of Attendance, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- View undergraduate tuition & fees or graduate tuition & fees, as well as determine your estimated cost of attendance using our Net Price Calculator
- Nearly 100 percent of full-time undergraduate students receive an academic scholarship.
- All accelerated program undergraduate students receive a tuition discount.
- Tuition discounts from 5 to 50 percent are available for employees of select Milwaukee area companies enrolled in certain degree programs.
- FAFSA code:003869
- Our Professional Doctorate in Art Therapy is the first degree program of its kind in the United States.
- Mount Mary is the only private college in Wisconsin with an accredited interior design program.
- Our fashion bachelor’s degree program was the first four-year fashion degree program in the state of Wisconsin.
- Our social work bachelor’s degree program was the first at a Wisconsin private college to become accredited and currently is one of only three accredited social work programs in Milwaukee.
- Mount Mary has the largest occupational therapy program in Wisconsin.
- Mount Mary 10,000+ alumnae are successful entrepreneurs, therapists, teachers, designers, writers and more.
- Notable alumnae include a cookbook author and blogger in New York, fashion designers who designed a dress worn by First Lady Michelle Obama and women’s tennis apparel worn by Olympic athletes, and the CEO of Enterforce, Inc.
- Graduates are employed at companies such as AmeriCorps, AT&T, Briggs & Stratton, Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Columbia St. Mary’s, Elmbrook Schools, Kohl’s, GE Healthcare, Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee Veterans Center, ProHealth Care, U.S. Bank and the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Graduates also have been accepted to graduate schools at universities such as Loyola University, Marquette University, Michigan State University, Texas Tech University and University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Institutional Data & Consumer Information
- Our Mount Mary Fact Book is published by the Office of Institutional Research, and contains commonly requested information about the college.
- Our Common Data Set is a product of the Common Data Set Initiative, "a collaborative effort among data providers in the higher education community and publishers as represented by the College Board, Peterson's, and U.S. News & World Report."
- Our Consumer Information webpage provides compliance with the 2008 Higher Education Opportunity Act and provides you with general institutional information, along with information related to student financial aid, teacher preparation program, health and safety reports, student outcomes, athletic program participation, and voter registration.