|Our accelerated degree programs offer you the flexibility to complete your degree at your pace. Accelerated courses meet one night a week or on Saturdays for eight weeks. Five terms are offered each year. Terms begin in January, March, June, August and October. Download our coursework Q&A sheet for more information about terms and courses.
The College offers four programs in the
accelerated format -
- Business Administration (undergraduate)
- prepares women for managerial positions and advanced education by developing
skills in effective communication and logical problem solving. See a curriculum sheet.
Communication (undergraduate) - emphasizes the combination of a business
background with well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication
skills. See a curriculum sheet.
- Liberal Studies (undergraduate with associate's degree in a technical field) - offers women who hold an associate's
degree the opportunity to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree. Within this
degree-completion program, students complete courses in the sciences,
humanities and an area of concentration.
- Master of Business Administration (graduate) – open to men and women, the MBA program combines advanced business skills with the College's historic commitment to social justice and an understanding of global dynamics.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Accelerated Programs
Accelerated courses are open to students age 24 or above. Students must hold a high school diploma or GED certificate and meet the following criteria:
- Five years since high school graduation
- Two years of full-time work experience or the equivalent, not counting work while a full-time student
- Completion of basic mathematical and writing competency through assessment testing or completion of the equivalent courses in transfer from another college
To apply for an undergraduate accelerated program, you must apply online and submit the
appropriate college or high school transcripts.
Admission Requirements for Graduate Accelerated Programs
Please visit the MBA page for program-specific admission requirements.
Additional Program Details
Please note: Definition of student credit
load per semester for accelerated students is based on the semester total,
not a single term total. Terms 1 and 2 are a subset of the Fall semester
and Terms 3 and 4 are a subset of the Spring semester. For example,
Term 1 credits + Term 2 credits = Fall semester credit total.
To be considered
part-time, graduate accelerated students cannot exceed five credits in
a semester and undergraduate accelerated students cannot exceed 11 credits
in a semester. To be considered full-time, graduate accelerated students
need to be registered for six or more credits in a semester, but cannot
exceed 12 credits and undergraduate accelerated student need to be registered
for 12 or more credits in a semester, but cannot exceed 18 credits.
information is important for financial aid and other purposes. Please
contact the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs with questions on academic credits, (414) 258-4810.
Contact the Admission Office at 1-800-321-6265.