International Graduate
More in this section More in this section

International Student Graduate Study

We recommend all international students start the admission process at least 6 months in advance of the semester in which you want to enroll, so that you have enough time to submit all required documents. Students who are citizens of a country other than the United States and would need a visa to take classes in the United States are considered an international student at Mount Mary University. The admission application and the I-20 can be processed only after all documents have been received.

How to Apply for Graduate Study at Mount Mary

To be eligible to apply for graduate study at Mount Mary University, you must have completed high school and completed the equivalent of a U.S. undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree. To apply, follow these steps:

1. Submit an online Graduate International Student Application for admission.

2. Provide proof of English language competency by submitting one of the following:

  • an official TOEFL score if English is not your native language. (Mount Mary’s TOEFL code is 1490; see our English as a Second Language explanation sheet PDF.)
  • an official International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) score, if English is not your native language. A minimum score of 6.5 is required; program requirements may vary.
  • completion of level 7 from Wisconsin English as a Second Language Institute. 

3. Submit official transcripts from the college/university where you received your undergraduate degree. (Transcripts must be translated into English by a certified translator or service.)

4. Submit a transcript evaluation to determine U.S. equivalency of all coursework and degrees. The evaluation must be done course-by-course or in a detailed report by an official evaluation service in the United States. Learn more about this requirement (PDF). Evaluation agencies include: World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators and Educational Perspectives.

5. Submit the International Student Financial Support Form (graduate or dependent) and an official bank statement.

6. Provide documentation to fulfill individual graduate program admission requirements. See graduate program admission details.     

What To Do After You Are Accepted

After you are accepted to Mount Mary, you must submit several required documents and obtain student health insurance. You also can choose to apply for scholarships to help finance your education.

Required Documents for I-20 Certificate of Eligibility: Following acceptance to Mount Mary University, you will be issued an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility Form. The following items must be submitted before the I-20 form can be issued:

  • Health Insurance Verification (Health insurance is required for Mount Mary international students. Mount Mary, through our association with the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, offers one option for student health insurance. Graduate students must take 6 credit hours to be eligible to enroll in the plan.)
  • Health Record Report
  • Student Exchange and Visitor Information (SEVIS) Fee Guide: Individuals seeking the F-1 visa must pay a one-time administration fee of $200 prior to submitting the visa application. Use this guide for step-by-step instructions.
  • Housing Application with $100 security deposit (if you choose to live on campus)

For assistance with your visa or other documentation, contact Mount Mary’s Registrar’s Office.

Contact Us For More Information

If you need assistance during the application process or have questions about enrolling at Mount Mary, please contact the Admission Office: