Madonna Medal and Tower Award
Nomination Requirements for the Madonna Medal and Tower Award 2015
A completed nomination file consists of the following materials:
- The nomination form and a letter of recommendation to be completed in full by the nominating party.
- A résumé detailing work and volunteer history and any Alumnae Association activities, including detail on any awards, leadership roles, or unique and outstanding contributions.
- A maximum of 3 letters of reference from individuals who can provide details of the nominees' exceptional work or volunteer history.
- Any other supportive material that would assist the committee in its deliberations.
Nomination forms will be accepted April 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015. Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
All supporting materials other than the nomination form, must be submitted no later
than June 15, 2015, for award consideration.
Completed nominations remain under consideration for three years, after which time an alumna can be re-nominated for another three year cycle. Nominations may come from alumnae, family and friends, professional corporations/organizations, community members, and Mount Mary University faculty and staff.
Awards are conferred at a special reception during the annual University Homecoming weekend. Acceptance of the award requires attendance at the ceremony. Award recipients may be awarded no more than one award in each category.
Contact the general Alumnae Office number with any questions 414-256-1254. Your call will be returned within 2 business days.
The Madonna Medal represents the highest honor bestowed upon an alumna by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. Awards are given to alumnae who clearly demonstrate a long standing commitment to their profession or volunteerism as evidenced by outstanding and unique accomplishments, previous awards, organizational memberships, and substantive relationships. Awards are given to highlight alumnae accomplishments in one of three areas:
- Professional Excellence
- Community Service
- Service to the University and/or Alumnae Association.
Tower Award for Excellence
The Tower Award for Excellence recognizes an alumna who has graduated within the past 15 years and is bestowed by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. The Tower Award honors an alumna who distinguishes herself professionally and through community service or service to Mount Mary University. The recipient should be nominated based upon following and upholding the 4 C’s of Mount Mary University: Competence, Community, Compassion and Commitment.