Supporting Mount Mary Student Scholarships Since 1968
Always the Sunday after Labor Day! This annual outdoor art show is hosted on the west lawn of the Mount Mary campus and features local and national artists who work in all mediums. All artwork is original and priced at $100 or less. Each artist is selected by jury of experienced Mount Mary alumnae, and the show is presented and sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. With your entrance fee, the association is able to support student scholarships.
Join us Sunday, September 10, 2017
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Rain or Shine!
Information for Show Attendees
Shop for original and limited edition artwork from over 200 juried artists. A variety of mediums are represented including pottery, fiber, photography, painting, sculpture and more. Follow the show on Facebook and Instagram.
- General admission is $10.
- Children 12 and under receive free admission.
- Patrons are able to pay by cash or credit card at the entry gates.
- There are no advanced tickets sales.
- Admission fees help to support Mount Mary student scholarships!
- Parking at the show is free.
- Handicap parking is available for those with a handicap permit.
- Patrons may park on the hill behind the west lawn (show location) using the Menomonee
River Parkway entrance.
- A second parking lot is available by entering the 92nd street entrance and walking through our historic arches.
- All artwork is sold for $100 or less.
- Food and drinks are available for purchase on the show grounds.
- We strictly prohibit the sale of any artwork before the show opens at 10 a.m.!
- To get the best artwork, patrons begin arriving early in the morning (often bringing
coffee and breakfast).
- Some patrons have been doing this so long that they see friends they meet in line once a year!
- Sister Georgeann Krzyzanowski, SSND, '66 is usually wearing her Packers gear (a Green Bay helmet with a habit) as she oversees the show grounds while checking in on the score of the game.
- To signal the beginning of each show, the bells of Notre Dame Hall ring promptly at 10 a.m.
Volunteer at this Year's Show
The success of the show can in part be attributed to the over 100 volunteers that make this day possible. Whether it's Mount Mary alumnae, students, staff or members of the community, anyone can be a volunteer. Volunteers help at the entry gates, sell refreshments, direct vehicles for parking and more. We invite you to get involved! To find out more about volunteering and available opportunities, please contact the Alumnae Relations Office.
The Starving Artists' Show is sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. Proceeds of the show benefit Mount Mary University and the Alumnae Scholarship Endowment. Email us at email@example.com to learn more about volunteering.
Information for Artists
Each year, local, regional, and national artists are invited to participate in the Starving Artists' Show. A few things artists should know about this show:
- This is a juried show.
- The show is always the first Sunday after Labor Day.
- Artwork must be sold for $100 or less.
- Neither the Alumnae Association nor Mount Mary University can collect commissions from an artists' sales.
- Over 5,000 patrons attend the show each year.
Applications for this year are now closed. Please stay tuned for the show details.See Last Year's List of Artists