Starving Artists' Show
Always the Sunday after Labor Day! This annual outdoor art show features local and national artists who work in all mediums and sell original artwork for $100 or less.
The 2016 Starving Artists' Show is on Sunday, September 11, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Mount Mary University's campus lawn.
2016 Artists at the Show
Download a listing (.pdf) of artists who will be at this year's show.
Information for Show Attendees
Shop for original and limited edition artwork from over 200 juried artists. A variety of mediums are represented, including pottery, fiber, photography, painting, sculpture, and more.
Entry Fee Information:
- general admission is $10.00
- children 12 and under receive free admission
- patrons are able to pay by cash or credit card at the entry gates
- there are no advanced tickets sales
- parking at the show is free
- handicap parking is available for those with a handicap permit
- all artwork is sold for $100 or less
- food and drinks are available for purchase on the show grounds
2016 Featured Artists
Volunteer at 2016 Show
The success of the show can in part be attributed to over 100 volunteers that make this day possible. Whether it's Mount Mary alumnae, students, staff, or members of the community, anyone can be a volunteer. Volunteers help at the entry gates, sell refreshment, direct vehicles for parking, and more. We invite you to get involved! To find out more about volunteering and available opportunities, please contact the Office of Alumnae Relations.
The Starving Artists' Show is sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. Proceeds of the show benefit Mount Mary University and the Alumnae Scholarship Endowment.
Information for Artists
Each year, local, regional, and national artists are invited to participate in the Starving Artists' Show. A few things artists should know about this show:
- this is a juried show
- this show is always the first Sunday after Labor Day
- artwork must be sold for $100 or less
- neither the Alumnae Association nor Mount Mary University collect commission from an artist's sales
- over 5,000 patrons attend this show
Pictures of the Starving Artists' Show Grounds