Starving Artists' Show
Always the Sunday after Labor Day! This annual outdoor art show features local and national artists who work in all mediums and sell original artwork for $100 or less.
Starving Artists’ Show
September 13, 2015
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
$10 Admission at the gate (Kids 12 and under FREE)
Ample parking is available on the Mount Mary campus and on nearby streets.
View map of show grounds
Read the news release
Things to know before you go
- Artists are not allowed to sell their artwork to patrons before the 10:00 a.m. start time.
- No pets (other than service animals) are allowed on our grounds.
- No bikes may be brought into the Show.
Information for Artists:
Timeline for Artists
Each year, the Show welcomes local, regional, and national artists to participate in the show. Selection for the show includes a juried process; a timeline for the Show process is outlined below.
- December—Application to participate becomes available online.
- January—Application to participate begin to be accepted.
- March 1—Application deadline; jury process begins.
- April—Artists are notified of acceptance. A limited number of artists in each medium are accepted. Previous participation in the Starving Artists’ Show does not guarantee participation in a future show.
- September—The Starving Artists’ Show is always the first Sunday after Labor Day. Accepted artists may set up Saturday, September 12, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, September 13, 7:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Check-in for all accepted artists is Sunday after 7:00 a.m.
How to Apply
Application to the 2015 Starving Artists’ Show will begin in December 2014. For updates and application deadlines, we invite you to join our mailing list, or like our Starving Artists’ Show Facebook page. To join our mailing list, provide your name, medium, phone number, and mailing address to the Alumnae Relations to be added to the mailing list.
Sponsorship and Volunteers
The Starving Artists' Show is sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. Proceeds of the show benefit Mount Mary University and the Alumnae Scholarship Endowment.The success of the show can be attributed to the 200 volunteers—Mount Mary alumnae, students, staff, and families—who make it possible.We welcome you to get involved! To find out more about volunteering for the show, contact the Alumnae Relations.