Archives and Special Collections
The Mount Mary College Archives is the official repository for the records of Mount Mary College, which was founded in 1913. The Archives was established in 1953 to collect, describe, preserve and display the permanent records created or received in connection with the transaction of College affairs. These historical records include manuscripts of individuals affiliated with the College, College publications, photographic negatives, prints, slides and film, architectural blueprints, student theses, student and organization scrapbooks, artifacts, ephemera and records from the College's academic departments and administrative offices. The Archives currently houses more than 164.5 cubic feet of records.
Access and Services
The Archives' collections are available to Mount Mary College students, faculty, staff, alumnae and the general public for research. Research requests are accepted via phone and email.
- Collections may be subject to restrictions imposed by donors or university offices
- Archives stack area is closed to patrons; materials will be retrieved by staff
- Archives patrons must use pencil or laptop computers to take notes
- Photocopying is permitted if it is in accordance with donor agreements and copyright restrictions
- Photocopying is NOT permitted if the item is fragile, exceptionally valuable or too large
- Archive Staff reserves the right to assist with or actually carry out photocopying as necessary
- A charge may be made for large photocopying requests and for mailing costs
Location & Hours
The Archives is now located on lower level of The Patrick and Beatrice Haggerty Library and is staffed Tuesdays and Thursdays from September through June. Access is by appointment only.
Ann McIntyre, Archivist
(414) 258-4810 x371
Fax (414) 256-1205
Mount Mary College
2900 North Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee WI 53222-4597
Additional archive sites from around the state of Wisconsin-