Mount Mary’s Communication Club is open to communication majors and minors. It is a student organization that strives to advance professional opportunities for communication students while providing social opportunities as well. Club activities include attendance at professional meetings and career fairs, fund-raising, and student-organized social events.
Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the official honor society of the National Communication Association. LPH has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. The Communication Department of Mount Mary College was granted the Tau Iota Chapter from Lambda Pi Eta in October of 2005.
In order to qualify for induction into LPH, students must have junior status, have earned at least 12 credits toward a communication-related major, and have a minimum major grade point average of 3.25 with a cumulative grade point of at least 3.0.
The goals of Lambda Pi Eta -
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students explore options for graduate education in communication studies.