The Mount Mary College Honors Program seeks to reward students who have participated in the program with the designation, “Graduation in the Honors Program” on the student’s diploma by
- promoting superior academic achievement
- providing opportunities for an enhanced educational experience.
- encouraging members to develop a strong intellectual identity in and outside of the classroom
- providing enriching interdisciplinary and core classes for students who want to make the most of their Mount Mary education.
Exclusive Program Opportunities
Honors Program members have the opportunity to participate in exclusive activities.
- Monthly meetings with other honor students
- Academic advising from the program director
- Presentation and writing opportunities
- Honors courses such as:
- Honors Composition II
- Search for Meaning
- Harry Potter Literature
- Political Communication
- God and the New Physics
- Philosophy of Science
- Theological Issues in Health Care
- Africa, Past, Present and Future
- A Shifting Paradigm: Art Meets Science
- One Nation Under God: Religious Diversity in the United States
- Honors Contract option:
contract with professors to take regular classes at an honors level
- Honors video seminars focusing on topics such as women's leadership, self-esteem building, and career development
- Honors Program credit is also awarded for
participation in NEW Leadership Wisconsin, Model United Nations class, all study abroad programs.
To be considered for acceptance into the Honors Program, qualified candidates must:
- Have a minimum of a 3.5 grade point average (GPA) in
high school or at her previous academic institution.
- Be an accepted or currently enrolled student at Mount Mary.
- Demonstrate involvement in extra-curricular and service related activities.
The Admission Office will notify newly accepted students who meet the eligibility requirements, and for them formal application is waived. Those students only need to contact the Honors Program Director to confirm their participation. Students who meet eligibility requirements after the first semester should complete an application form before contacting the Director. Apply now!
Contact Dr. Shawnee Daniels-Sykes, SSND, Honors Program Director, at (414) 258-4810, ext. 473 or the Admission Office, (800) 321-6265.