To be eligible for the Mount Mary University Master of Science in Counseling program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Have an academic background in the behavioral sciences, including an undergraduate statistics course (Generally a minimum of 18 credits in development, education, psychology and sociology are required.)
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale OR equivalent evidence of successful academic achievement (e.g. GRE , MAT, 3.0 GPA in final 60 credits, 3.0 GPA in post-baccalaureate coursework)
- Submit all required application materials (see details below)
International Students: See additional application requirements and procedures or contact your graduate admission counselor for questions.
- May 1, for fall semester entry
- October 1, for spring semester entry
- April 15, for summer semester entry
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online Graduate Student Application.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee. You can submit the payment online by credit card or e-check through CashNet on the MyMountMary portal. Note: The application fee is waived for Mount Mary alumnae. If you’re an alumna, contact your graduate admission counselor to obtain the waiver code prior to submitting your application.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. You will need to contact each institution (typically the registrar’s office) to have your transcript sent, with an embossed seal, directly to: Mount Mary University, Graduate Admission Office, 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597. If you are in the process of completing coursework for a degree, you are required to submit an official transcript verifying receipt of the degree after completing the coursework. Applicants who previously attended Mount Mary do not need to request Mount Mary transcripts, but should furnish transcripts from other schools, if applicable. Use Mount Mary’s Transcript Request Form (PDF) to help speed up this process.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. The recommendations should be from professionals and/or professors able to comment on abilities and commitment. Use our Letter of Recommendation for Graduate Study Form (PDF).
- Write and submit a career goals statement. The statement should specify your objectives, experience and/or skills contributing to your decision to pursue graduate study in counseling. Please include your name on the statement.
Submit all application materials via postal mail or email to:
- Mount Mary University, Graduate Admission Office, 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597
Once you submit all application materials, the Counseling Program Director will contact
you to schedule an interview. Admission decisions will be made after all application
materials are received and the interview is completed. Learn how to check on your application status.
Contact your graduate admission counselor with application questions.