Fashion Boot Camp
Immerse yourself in the fashion design and merchandising industries in this hands-on summer camp
What is Fashion Boot Camp?
Fashion Boot Camp is a week-long camp for students entering grades 7-12 who are interested in learning more about the fashion industry. You’ll learn the ins and outs of Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandise Management. This camp is non-credit and pre-college, offering you hands-on exploration of the many opportunities the fashion industry has to offer. Registration coming soon.
Fashion Boot Camp
Mount Mary University
June 19-23, 2017
News Coverage, Video, and Photos
Fox 6 News. (2014). Looking to break into the field of fashion? Here's your chance!
What is the cost to attend?
The cost to attend is $400 per camper. Lunch is included.
FASHION DESIGN – SECTION 1 - REGISTRATION COMING SOON
- 9:00am – 10:30am: JEWELRY – Design and create your own jewelry to coordinate with your designs.
- 10:30am – 12pm: FASHION ILLUSTRATION – Learn the basics of what it takes to design your own fashion collection, as well as improve upon your fashion drawing skills.
- 1pm – 3pm: SEWING – Choose Beginner or Intermediate level, and create your own garment to wear at the Fashion Boot Camp Finale runway show.
- 9:00am – 10:30am: FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY – This class will explore the possibilities with digital photographs, as well as editing in Photoshop. Students will take photos of the garments they have styled, as well as the retail spaces they have created. Students will also need to provide their own digital camera and SD card drive to use for the course.
- 10:30am – 12pm: FASHION STYLING - This class explores writing for the fashion industry, reviewing current trends, and utilizing fashion photographs to create your own fashion blog.
- 1pm – 3pm: TREND FORECASTING – Learn how to create trend boards and fashion forecasts using professional resources.