Immerse yourself in the fashion design and merchandising industries in this hands-on summer camp
Fashion Boot Camp is a week-long camp for students entering grades 7-12 who are interested
in learning more about the fashion industry. You’ll learn the ins and outs of Fashion
Design and Fashion Merchandise Management. This camp is non-credit and pre-college,
offering you hands-on exploration of the many opportunities the fashion industry has
Fashion Boot Camp
Mount Mary University
Cost to attend:
The cost to attend this week-long camp is $400 per camper. Lunch is included.
Scholarships for campers:
Six scholarships (up to $200) are awarded to students passionate about fashion design or merchandising. We ask for 1-2 examples of a fashion related project or assignment as well as a personal essay. Submit your application for a scholarship.
FASHION DESIGN – SECTION 1 - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 9:00am – 10:30am: JEWELRY – Design and create your own jewelry to coordinate with your designs.
- 10:30am – 12pm: FASHION ILLUSTRATION – Learn the basics of what it takes to design your own fashion collection, as well as improve upon your fashion drawing skills.
- 1pm – 3pm: SEWING – Choose Beginner or Intermediate level, and create your own garment to wear at the Fashion Boot Camp Finale runway show.
MERCHANDISE MANAGEMENT – SECTION 2 - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 9:00am – 10:30am: FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY – This class will explore the possibilities with digital photographs, as well as editing in Photoshop. Students will take photos of the garments they have styled, as well as the retail spaces they have created. Students will also need to provide their own digital camera and SD card drive to use for the course.
- 10:30am – 12pm: FASHION STYLING - This class explores writing for the fashion industry, reviewing current trends, and utilizing fashion photographs to create your own fashion blog.
- 1pm – 3pm: TREND FORECASTING – Learn how to create trend boards and fashion forecasts using professional resources.