Read, Set, Study Abroad!
We know the value of real-life experience and we want you to be ready for the journey ahead. Start your study abroad experience early.
Start your journey here -
Visit Nan Metzger, Director of International Studies, (414) 930-3338, in the Study Abroad office, Notre Dame Hall, room 253 to learn about the programs and scholarships available to you.
Then follow these steps -
- Apply for a United States Passport if you do not already have one. All travelers must have a valid passport.
- Apply for the program of your choice. Applications can be found in Notre Dame 253.
- Submit two personal recommendations. Contact International Studies to get the recommendation form.
- Apply for any applicable scholarships.
- Review health and safety tips.
- Start packing!
- Short-term programs
Students participating in any of the short-term study abroad programs may apply for the Mount Mary University Study Abroad Scholarship designed to promote international understanding and personal growth.
- Long-term programs
- Students participating in study abroad programs 4 weeks or longer in length may apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program.
- Students interested in visiting countries underrepresented in study abroad, such as
Africa, Asia, and Latin America, may apply for the Boren Awards for International Study.
- Check out what students had to say.
- See photos from past trips.