Interior Design Student Activities
The interior design program offers you many opportunities to get involved in professional organizations, service learning activities and networking opportunities.
Professional Organization Student Chapters & Affiliations
Professional networking is key to creating success. You can participate in networking opportunities through the following organizations:
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Student Chapter: Mount Mary’s ASID chapter focuses on educational, professional and personal advancement opportunities through workshops, networking events and community service activities. Contact Leona Knobloch-Nelson, faculty adviser, for more information on this club.
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA): The Wisconsin chapter of IIDA provides you with networking, award recognition and scholarship opportunities.
- Construction Specifications Institute Milwaukee Chapter (CSI): CSI supports interior design students at Mount Mary through scholarship opportunities.
- National Association for Women in Construction (NAWIC): The Milwaukee Chapter offers volunteer and scholarship opportunities to Mount Mary interior design students.
- Hospitality Industry Network (NEWH): This organization supports Mount Mary interior design students through scholarships.
Service Learning in Interior Design
Service learning opportunities that use your interior design knowledge and skills are provided through your courses at Mount Mary and through the ASID student chapter. Projects include remodeling rooms in a homeless shelter, remodeling offices for nonprofit organizations and remodeling educational facilities. Mount Mary interior design students even designed the student lounges on several Caroline Hall residence hall floors.
Latin for "to make, create, produce," CREO is an annual celebration of creativity that showcases student work from Mount Mary
fine art, fashion, graphic design and interior design programs. CREO is forward-thinking
and ever-developing. It's an opportunity for a cross-generational audience to experience
a cross-disciplinary slice of Milwaukee's creative talent.
Interior design students plan and display their work in a gallery space at CREO each year, teaching them important professional skills and providing networking opportunities. The event attracts hundreds of visitors and art enthusiasts each year.