Kari C. Inda, Ph.D., OTR
Chair and Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department
Phone: (414) 258-4810, ext. 263
Fax: (414) 256-0194
- Nova Southeastern University, Doctor of Philosophy in Occupational Therapy
- Mount Mary College, Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Mount Mary College, Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Milwaukee Area Technical College, Associate of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy
"I oversee the operations of the occupational therapy program since 2009. I teach adult physical disabilities coursework, including Neuroscience, Neurorehabilitation, Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Kinesiology. I love watching students develop into competent, creative health care professionals. Our programs encourages growth of the whole person so our graduates can make a positive impact with the people they serve."
"Teaching for the Test: Strategies to Enhance Certification Exam Performance in Occupational Therapy Students" American Occupational Therapy Association National Educator's Summit, October, 2013
Awards & Honors:
- Heritage Award, Mount Mary University, February 2014
- Milwaukee Area Technical College, Local 212 Alumni Excellence Award, April 2012
- Teaching Excellence Award, Mount Mary College, 2004
"Occupational therapy course manual" TherapyEd. Contributing author, 2014
"National physical therapy examination review & study guide (15th ed.)" International Educational Resources, Ltd. Contributing author, 2013
"Section II: Principles of successful test-taking and exam preparation study hints"
R. P. Fleming-Castaldy (Ed). Occupational therapy course manual (5th ed.), 2012
"National OT certification exam review & study guide." Version 4.0 TherapyEd. Contributing author, 2012
- American Occupational Therapy Association, 1991 – present
- Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association, 1991 – present
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists, 2010 – present
Grants and Research:
- Completed research, June 2013: Relationship between critical thinking skills and certification
exam performance of occupational therapy students.
- Completed two grants, June 2014 and August 2014 to fund a newly designed hospital simulation lab within the occupational therapy department.