Psychology majors are encouraged to participate in research, service learning activities, and student clubs and organizations.
Psi Chi International Honor Society
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology. Its purpose is to encourage,
stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship, and to advance the science of psychology.
Undergraduate and graduate students interested in psychology who meet membership requirements
are eligible to apply.
Contact Laurel End, Psi Chi adviser, for more information about this honor society.
Service Learning and Internships in Psychology
You can enhance your education through internships and service learning opportunities
in the Milwaukee area. In addition to formal internship and learning service opportunities,
you also can gain valuable experience and work for social justice by engaging with
local agencies and organizations on your own or with other classmates.
Psychology majors have performed internships and service learning in the following areas and with the following organizations.
Service to Children
- Community Advocates/Milwaukee Women’s Center
- Milwaukee College Prep
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission-Cross Trainers Academy
- Notre Dame Middle School
- Sojourner Family Peace Center
- Hope House
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s Joy House
- Repairers of the Breach
Service to Adults
- 9 to 5 Milwaukee
- Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin
- House of Peace
- Lutheran Social Services
- Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Service
- Notre Dame Middle School – Adult English as a Second Language Tutoring Center
- Voces de la Frontera
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod – Model English Language Outreach Program
Service to Older Adults
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs
- Lutheran Home & Hardwood Place – Early Bird Club
Addressing Neighborhoods/Environmental Issues
- Agape Community Center
- Growing Power
- New Moon Productions – Guns, Grief and Grace in America
- Urban Ecology Center
- Walnut Way Conservation Corp