International Student Undergraduate Study

Life at Mount Mary is exciting. With more than 25 clubs and organizations – like Shalom Club, Justice on the Rise and the International Club – and numerous events and programs – such as Bingo, karaoke, the international fashion show and fall festival – there's never a lack of something to do.

When it comes to applying for admission, we want to make the process as clear and easy as possible. We recommend that you start the international student admission process at least six months in advance of the semester in which you want to enroll. This way you will have enough time to submit all required documents and be able to best prepare for this transition.

How to Apply to Mount Mary

To apply for undergraduate study at Mount Mary University, you must be in the process of completing or have already completed high school. To apply, follow these steps:

  1. Submit an online Undergraduate International Student Application for admission. The application is free.
  2. Provide proof of English language competency by submitting an official TOEFL or IELTS score if English is not your native language. (Mount Mary's TOEFL code is 1490.) If you already studied in the U.S. for more than one semester, you are exempt from the language verification requirement.
  3. Submit an educational credential evaluation to determine U.S. equivalency of all coursework and degrees. The evaluation must be done course-by-course including the Grade Point Average (GPA) or in a detailed report by an official evaluation service in the United States. Learn more about this requirement. Evaluation agencies include: Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or World Education Services. You can also choose One Earth Evaluations.
  4. Submit official transcripts from high school/secondary school and any colleges/universities you have attended to Mount Mary if the evaluation service does not provide copies of those to Mount Mary. (Transcripts must be translated into English by a certified translator or service.)
  5. Submit the International Student Financial Support Form ( undergraduate or dependent) and an official bank statement.
  6. If you are an international student transferring from another U.S. college or university, submit the International Student Transfer Form. (Note: This writable PDF form works best with PCs. Mac computers are not compatible with saving information in this writable PDF.)

What To Do After You Are Accepted

After you are accepted to Mount Mary, you must submit several required documents and obtain student health insurance. You also can choose to apply for scholarships to help finance your education.

Required Documents for I-20 Certificate of Eligibility: Following acceptance to Mount Mary University, you will be issued an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility Form. The I-20 Form is provided by Mount Mary University to certify that you are eligible for F-1 student status.

The following items must be submitted before the I-20 form can be issued:

  • Intent to Enroll Form with $50 tuition deposit
  • Housing Application with $100 security deposit (if you choose to live on campus)
  • Health insurance is required for Mount Mary international students. Sign into your MyMountMary account to review the health insurance requirements. Click on the "Student Health Insurance Waiver and Enrollment Form 2019-2020 Academic Year." Mount Mary, through our association with the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, offers one option for student health insurance.
  • Health Record Report Form
  • Student Exchange and Visitor Information (SEVIS) Fee Guide: Individuals seeking the F-1 visa must pay a one-time administration fee of $350 prior to submitting the visa application. Use this guide for step-by-step instructions.

For assistance with your visa or other documentation listed within this section, contact Mount Mary's Registrar's Office.

Contact Us

If you need assistance during the application process or have questions about enrolling at Mount Mary, please contact the Admission Office:

  • Email:
  • International Telephone Calls: 011+1+414+930+3024
  • Phone Calls within the U.S.: (800) 321-6265