Joining the Alumnae Association
The Alumnae/i Association provides opportunities for you to reconnect with the university and interact with other alumnae/i in a meaningful way. During the year, the Association can be found helping recruit new Mount Mary students, engaging with current students on campus, and networking with other Mount Mary graduates in their workplace. Collectively, these activities form a new comprehensive program: W.I.N.G.S. – Women Igniting a New Generation of Students. The three aspects within the W.I.N.G.S. program are In Recruitment, On Campus, and At Work. Stay tuned for ways to get involved in this quick yet impactful program after it launches in 2016.
The Association also supports Mount Mary students by contributing to the Alumnae Endowed Scholarship. With a portion of the proceeds from the Association’s annual Starving Artists’ Show, coupled with gifts from donors like you, a Mount Mary degree is more financially obtainable for students awarded this annual scholarship. Help future alumnae/i by making your donation today.
Membership into the Alumnae/i Association
Alumnae/i automatically become members of the the Alumnae/i Association upon graduation. Membership is free and no renewals are necessary. The Association is made up of all graduates of Mount Mary University, Mount Mary College, and St. Mary's College in Prairie du Chien who choose to affiliate themselves with the Association. It is also open to any former student who completes 32 credits and requests alumna status. Contact the Office of Alumnae Relations if you’d like to request a non-degreed alumna status.
General Alumnae Association Meetings
General assembly meetings are held twice a year and are open for all alumnae to attend. At these meetings, officers and committee chairs/co-chairs give committee updates and a review of the financial status of the Association. Other updates from the university and the Office of Alumnae Relations may be provided. Information on the progress of the Association is also included in each quarterly e-news communication.
- March 8, 2017: Meeting Agenda, Presentation, Meeting Minutes (approved)
- June 10, 2017: Meeting Agenda, June Quarterly Report, Meeting Minutes (approved), Class and Program Delegate Welcome Letter
- July 31, 2017: July Quarterly Update from Summer/Fall E-News
- October 30, 2017: October Quarterly Update from Fall/Winter E-News
- January 31, 2018: January Quarterly Update from Winter/Spring E-News
- February 24, 2018: Meeting Agenda, Presentation, Meeting Minutes (will need approval)
Current Alumnae Association Board Members as of July 1, 2017:
Executive Committee Members
- President: Leslye Schlack Bronstad, '11
- Vice President and President-Elect: Open
- Treasurer: Mary Potter Hummer, '84
- Past-President: Jana Janesko Champion, '84
Board of Directors - Along with the Executive Committee, these positions make up the Board of Directors for the MMU Alumnae Association:
- Starving Artists’ Show 2017 Chair: Aleisha Rice, '09
- Alumnae Awards Committee Chair: Kathleen Bayer Schneider, '68
- W.I.N.G.S. Chair (Women Igniting a New Generation of Students) Program: Heather Thomas-Flores, '15
- W.I.N.G.S. In Recruitment: Sierra Cooper, '12
- W.I.N.G.S. On Campus: Open
- W.I.N.G.S. At Work - Director of Alumnae Relations, Drea Miller (non voting)
- Alumnae Relations Committee: Jean Tauer, '72 and Judi Noto Mucklin, '72
- Marian Club (Alumnae Celebrating 50yrs +): Marlene Morouse Aune, '65
- Alumnae Weekend & Reunion: Marita (Mic) Makurat Pietrykowski, '70
- Class and Program Delegate Chair: Kathleen Bloechl, '80
View Your Class Letter
Starting in 2018, class letters will be mailed, emailed and archived onto the website. Each class will receive one letter per year, but milestone anniversary class could receive up to two letters. In your class letter, you will find a personalized message from your class delegate and information about alumnae and university updates and events. View your class letter.