2017-2018 Impact at a Glance
It is an attractive proposition: invest in women and girls, and the benefits flow not only to them but everyone around them, too.
We are thankful that our founders shared this vision to educate women to have a positive and significant influence on their world and the world beyond. Mount Mary University was founded in 1913 and the legacy of the School Sisters of Notre Dame continues today, as our community strives to create compassionate and bold women who become exceptional leaders in our community.
Over the past 104 years the demographics of our students have changed as Mount Mary has answered the community’s need while continuing to engage high-quality students. We are proud to share that Mount Mary University is a leading institution for women of color, those facing financial barriers, and first-generation college students. Download the full impact report.
Impact on social justice in Milwaukee
- Leadership for social justice - redesigned course addresses today's issues
- WUWM audio interview - Professor creates syllabus to help teachers talk about Sherman Park
- DASH grant helps low-income students with emergency funds
- Jewel Scholar program provides $650,000 for scholarships for academically qualified, low-income students
- Using holistic counseling to educate diverse counselors; trauma-informed research
Using creativity to solve challenges
- College Possible students graduate from Mount Mary
- Creative campus initiative sparks redesign for Salvation Army branch
- Interior design students transform Milwaukee spaces
- Honor program hosts "TASK party" with creative and unexpected results
- Mount Mary takes design thinking on the road to Catholic Memorial High School
- Science professors redesign traditional labs
- Mount Mary's garden provides fresh food for local pantry and internship opportunities