Tips for Seniors
We know the college search and application process can seem overwhelming at times, and we’re here to help alleviate that stress! The following steps will guide you toward making a confident college decision.
- Apply to Mount Mary. We encourage all high school seniors to apply for admission to Mount Mary as early as possible during your senior year.
- Visit campus. Even if you’ve already visited campus, we invite you to visit Mount Mary again as you narrow down your college selection. Second visits can be more involved, like sitting in on a class or spending the night in a residence hall.
- Apply for scholarships. Mount Mary offers many scholarships. Academic scholarships are automatically awarded upon acceptance, but other merit-based scholarships and full-tuition and near full-tuition scholarships require separate applications. Plus, Mount Mary has partnered with RaiseMe, so you can begin earning microscholarships toward college while you are in high school.
- Apply for financial aid. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 to receive the most aid possible. You also can get an early estimate of financial aid from Mount Mary.
- Earn college credit while in high school. You can earn college credits by taking Youth Options courses or by taking advanced placement (AP) courses and taking the AP exams.
- Keep working hard and getting good grades. The better your grades, the better your chances for earning the highest academic scholarship at Mount Mary.
- Take on leadership roles in extracurricular activities. Give your college application a boost by taking on a leadership role in a student club or in a volunteer activity.