The Mount Mary University Dietetic Internship Program prepares competent, creative, analytical entry-level dietitians with the agility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and excel as socially minded, evidence-based practitioners in a variety of settings.
Our dietetic internship program strengthens the academic background of interns with 18 graduate credits and provides diverse experiences with a concentration in disease prevention and health promotion.
Program Goals & Objectives
ACEND required objectives are designated with an asterisk.*
Goal 1: Prepare competent, entry-level dietitians who excel in practice.
- 95 percent of graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.*
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam is at least 80 percent.*
- 85 percent of program graduates will pass the CDR credentialing exam on the first attempt.
- At least 80 percent of program interns complete program requirements within 14 months (150% of program length).*
- Of graduates who seek employment, 90 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of program completion.*
- 80 percent of employers give program graduates a mean competence rating above average.*
- 90 percent of employers would hire our program graduates in the future.
- 80 percent of program graduates indicate they were well prepared for their first entry-level position.
Goal 2: Stimulate program graduates to continue their professional growth through graduate education completion and certification in specialized areas of dietetics and professional activities.
- At least 50% of program graduates will continue their graduate education or seek certification in specialized areas of practice.
- At least 75% of program graduates will be members of the Academy and/or other professional organizations.
Goal 3: Meet interns’ individual learning needs and interests through internship placement sites and graduate coursework.
- At least 80 percent of program graduates will indicate a "satisfactory" or better score regarding overall program satisfaction.
- 80 percent of program graduates will indicate a "satisfactory" or better score regarding placement sites meeting their learning needs and interests.
- 75 percent of program graduates will indicate a "satisfactory" or better score regarding graduate courses meeting their learning needs and interests.
- 90 percent of program graduates would recommend the program to others.
All program objectives were met or exceeded during the last three years. Program outcomes data are available on request.
Program highlights include:
- 100 percent of program graduates passed the national registration exam within one year of first attempt, and 89 percent passed on their first attempt.
- 78 percent of program graduates were employed within 3 months and 91% within 6 months of seeking employment
- 85 percent of employers rate our program graduates above average compared to other entry-level dietitians they have hired, and 100% would hire out internship graduates in the future
- 100 percent of program graduates indicate they would recommend the program to others.
- No interns were dissatisfied with placement sites meeting their learning needs and interests.
- 75 percent of program graduates have continued their graduate education