Immerse yourself in the fashion design and merchandising industries in this hands-on summer camp
Fashion Boot Camp is a week-long camp for students entering grades 7-12 who are interested in learning more about the fashion industry. You’ll learn the ins and outs of Fashion Design or Styling and Promotion. At the end of the week, family and friends can attend the finale student fashion show featuring the camper's own creations and projects. This camp is non-credit and pre-college, offering you hands-on exploration of the many opportunities the fashion industry has to offer.
Fashion Boot Camp
Mount Mary University
June 17-21, 2019
Cost: $400 per camper, includes daily lunch and light snacks. Scholarships available (up to $200) are awarded to individual students passionate about fashion design or fashion styling & social media. We ask for 1-2 examples of a fashion related project or assignment as well as a personal essay. Submit your application for a scholarship (must submit registration form prior to submitting scholarship application).
Students may choose one of the following sections:
SECTION 1 | Fashion Design - NOW CLOSED
- 9-10:30 a.m. – ACCESSORIES: Create and sew your own accessories that compliment your designs to walk the runway with.
- 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. – FASHION ILLUSTRATION: Learn the basics of what it takes to design your own fashion collection, as well as improve upon your fashion drawing skills.
- 1-3 p.m. – SEWING: Choose Beginner or Intermediate level, and create your own garment to wear at the Fashion Boot Camp Finale runway show.
SECTION 2 | Fashion Styling & Social Media
- 9-10:30 a.m. – FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY: This class will explore the possibilities with digital photographs, as well as editing in Adobe suite, including Photoshop. Students will take photos of the garments they have styled, as well as the retail spaces they have created. Students will also need to provide their own digital camera and SD card drive to use for the course. Using a cell phone as a digital camera is fine.
- 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. – FASHION PUBLISHING: This class explores writing for the fashion industry, reviewing current trends, and utilizing fashion photographs to create your own fashion blog.
- 1-3 p.m. – TREND FORECASTING: Learn how to create trend boards and fashion forecasts using professional resources.
3 ways to register:
- Print and complete the registration form and mail with payment for $400 to:
Mount Mary University
ATTN: Fashion Boot Camp
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Complete the registration form online and click email link on form to submit
- Or register online: mtmary.edu/bootcamp
Questions? Contact Dii'Azia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 930-3572.
Due to maintenance, our elevator will be out of service during Fashion Boot Camp. If this creates a challenge for your participant, please notify us so we can arrange accommodations.