Welcome to the School of Arts and Design
Within the School of Arts and Design, creativity and uniqueness flourish. We offer multiple degree programs that lay a strong foundation in visual arts and design including Fine Art and Graphic Design, Art Therapy, Fashion and Merchandise Management and Interior Design. Additionally, the School provides opportunities to study performing arts disciplines including Music and Dance/Physical Education as part of our liberal arts core.
With a grounding in fundamental techniques, students are challenged to understand aesthetic taste and the ability to use the language of art and design as a means to express culture, tell unique stories, bring focus on societal issues, and add a visual element to communication.
Programs of Study
- Art Therapy (undergraduate, master’s, professional doctorate)
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Merchandise Management
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Music, Movement and Dance (electives only)
Courses in arts and design help you:
- Be expressive and empathetic using tools of each discipline - be it the paintbrush, pottery wheel, stylus, sewing machine, musical instrument, camera or drawing board
- Find your own voice and enhance the voices of others
- Express culture and build community through divergent means and methods
- Use the multiple "languages" of creativity in the process of problem solving
- Recognize the empowerment of artistic expression as a voice for others
- Develop an understanding of the history and science of artistic expression
Mount Mary offers a unique opportunity to leverage creative expression to transform the world. Whether through the act of creating new, processing and expressing reality of the now or engaging in building the future, students who graduate from the School of Arts and Design are empowered to make a difference in the lives of others and themselves.
What's New in Arts & Design?
CREO: Fashion, Art and Design Show - Each spring, the School of Arts & Design presents this celebration of creativity showcasing the work of students in the fine art, interior, graphic and fashion design programs at Mount Mary. Visit mtmary.edu/creo to learn more about this New York-style fashion runway show and fine art display.