John Zorbini, M.A.
Assistant Professor, Business Administration
Phone: (414) 930-3530
- M.A. in Communications (Organizational, Interpersonal, Intercultural), Marquette University
- Fellowship in Health Care Leadership, Health Care Advisory Board
- B.A. in Communications and Education, West Liberty University
A little bit about John:
John Zorbini has spent 30 years helping organizations improve business operations. Specializing in such areas as human resources strategic planning, executive assessment & development, organizational development, compensation & benefits, succession planning, and process improvement, John has provided cost-effective and sustainable business solutions. Currently, John serves as an Assistant Professor in the Business Administration Department at Mount Mary University (Milwaukee) where he teaches classes in the MBA Program and is serving as an internal consultant to the University’s Health Systems Leadership Program. John also runs his own consulting business - Zorbini Consulting Group.
For the past 30 years, John has held various leadership roles for three of Wisconsin’s largest health care systems, including Aurora, Froedtert Health and Wheaton Franciscan Health. Most of that time was spent in the top HR position (Chief Human Resources Officer), where he was responsible for the full operation of the HR function (Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Employee and Union Relations, Organizational Development & Education, Executive & Leadership Development, Succession Planning, Executive & Leadership Coaching, Organization Structure, and Talent Management. Additionally, he has served on the faculty for a number of Wisconsin colleges and universities. John has also delivered hundreds of workshops and presentations.
John received his bachelor’s degree from West Liberty University in 1977 and his master’s degree from Marquette University in 1979. He completed his Fellowship for Healthcare Executives at the Healthcare Advisory Board in Washington, D.C. in 2008. He has served as a board leader or member for numerous governmental agencies, civic groups and not-for-profit organizations including Governor Walker’s Council for College & Workforce Readiness and the Wisconsin Hospital Association’s Workforce Development Council. He currently serves as Chairman of the Washington County Ethics Board and as an advisor to several professional and community organizations. John is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
John has always been an active member of his communities and school systems. He has been the recipient of his community Chamber of Commerce’s Citizen of the Year Award and several school district’s Friend of Education Awards. He and his wife reside in Erin, Wisconsin.
Keynote Speaker: Wisconsin Society of Healthcare Human Resources Administration Annual Conference
Wisconsin Hospital Association/Wisconsin Society of Healthcare Human Resources Administration Best Practices Conference
- Germantown Citizen of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year, Menomonee Falls School District
- Volunteer of the Year, Germantown School District
- Recognition for Achievement from Milwaukee Council for Adult Learning
- Training Excellence Award, Wisconsin American Society for Training and Development
- Older Adult Training Program
- Board of Trustees, Mount Mary University, Milwaukee, WI
- Appointed by Governor Scott Walker, Council on College and Workforce Readiness
- Board of Directors, LindenGrove (Long Term Care Facility)
- Advisory Board, Healthcare Solutions Company
- Member, Wisconsin Hospital Association Work Force Development Council
- Founding Member, Health Care Advisory Board, Human Resource Executive Center
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
- University of Wisconsin Management Institute Advisory Council
- Board of Directors, Wisconsin American Society for Training and Development
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Planning Commission, Village of Germantown
- Board President, Washington County Ethics Board
- President, Board of Directors and Fonder, Leadership Germantown
- Board of Directors, Greater Germantown Committee
- Founder, The Greater Germantown Community Think Tank
- President, Board of Directors, Germantown Area Chamber of Commerce
- Germantown School District Learning Council