Kristin Carioti, Ph.D.
Kristen Carioti, Ph. D.
Associate Professor, Business Administration
Director, MBA Program
Phone : (414) 930-3419
Office: Fidelis Hall 332
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- M.S., Applied Economics, Marquette University
- B.B.A., Finance and Economics, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
Teaching interests: Economics, statistics, quantitative analysis, and career preparation including interpersonal and negotiation skills
Research interests: Applied micro-economic topics including self-employment, education, and retirement
"Female self-employment in the United States: An update to 2012", Monthly Labor Review: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014.
"An active-learning exercise on learning negotiation as a way to mitigate the gender wage gap for introductory microeconomics", International Review of Economics Education, 2014, vol. 15, pp. 32-42.
"Reconciling gender differences in the returns to education in self-employment: Does occupation matter?", The Journal of Socio-Economics, 2013, vol. 44, pp. 112-119.
"Educational mismatch and self-employment", Economics of Education Review, 2013, vol. 34,
pp. 85-95 (with Keith A. Bender).
- Midwest Economics Association Annual Conference, Chicago, 2016
- International Atlantic Economic Society Annual Conference, Milan, Italy, 2015
- Western Economics Association Annual Conference, Denver, 2014
- Midwest Economics Association Annual Conference, Chicago, 2014
- Applied Microeconomics Workshop, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2013
- Western Economics Association Annual Conference, Seattle, 2013
- Midwest Economics Association Annual Conference, Chicago, 2012
- Western Economics Association
- Midwest Economics Association
- The Women's Center, Board of Directors President, 2015
- The Women's Center, Board of Directors, 2013 - Present
- Make a Difference Wisconsin, Financial Literacy Instructor, 2013 - Present
- Milwaukee Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award, 2015
- University of Milwaukee Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD) Award, 2015