Kari C. Inda, Ph.D., OTR/L, CEAS
Professor and Chairperson, Occupational Therapy Department
Phone: (414) 930-3238
- Nova Southeastern University, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Occupational Therapy
- Mount Mary College, Master of Science (M.S.), Occupational Therapy
- Mount Mary College, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Occupational Therapy
- Milwaukee Area Technical College, Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.), Occupational Therapy
"I am a proud graduate of Mount Mary and take pride in continuing the legacy of educating occupational therapy students to be exceptional hands on practitioners or who are compassionate and creative in their care of others. I bring my wealth of experience in adult physical disabilities rehabilitation to the courses I teach, including Neuroscience, Neurorehabilitation, Orthopedics, Physical Medicine, and Kinesiology."
Inda, K. C. Constructing exam items to enhance academic and certification exam performance. 2 hour seminar, April 2022.
Carey, P., Fleming-Castaldy, R. P., Inda, K. C., and Provident, I. Effective Preparation for the NBCOT®'s OTR® & COTA® Exams. 90 minute panel presentation webinar, May 2020.
Inda, K. C. The Art and Science of Item Writing. Two day workshop. Tampa, FL, March 2020.
Inda, K. C. Foundations of Item Writing: Constructing Exam Items to Enhance High Stakes Exam Performance. 90 minute webinar, August 2019.
Inda, K. C. Constructing Exam Items to Enhance Certification Exam Performance. Three-part webinar series, May 2019.
Inda, K. C., and Stapelman, K. Implementation of a Case-Based Learning Model to Promote Clinical Reasoning in Preparation for Level II Fieldwork. American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference and Expo. New Orleans, LA. April 2019.
Inda, K. C. Strategies to Enhance Certification Exam Performance in Occupational Therapy Candidates. American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, April 2016.
Olson, J. E., & Inda, K. C. Closing the Gap between Practice, Education, and the Professional Doctorate. American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, April 2016.
Awards & Honors:
- Teaching Excellence Award, Mount Mary University, 2018-2019
- Heritage Award, Mount Mary University, February 2014
- Milwaukee Area Technical College, Local 212 Alumni Excellence Award, April 2012
- Nova Southeastern University, Golden Apple Award, 2007
- Teaching Excellence Award, Mount Mary College, 2004-2005
Siegelman, R. & Inda, K. C. (2022). Introduction. In O'Sullivan, Siegelman, Schaffer, & Sutlive, National physical therapy examination review & study guide (24th ed.) TherapyEd, Ltd.
Fleming-Castaldy, R. P. (2021). National OT certification exam review & study guide. (9th ed.). Evanston, IL: TherapyEd. Contributor to multiple chapters of book.
Fleming-Castaldy, R. P. & Inda, K. C. (2021). Section II: Principles of successful test-taking and exam preparation. In R.P. Fleming-Castaldy Occupational therapy course manual (Edition 6.0). Evanston, IL: TherapyEd.
- American Occupational Therapy Association, 1991 – present
- Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association, 1991 – present
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists, 2010 – present
Grants and Research:
Inda, K. C. (Principal Investigator): Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Five-year, $3.25 million grant to support diversity efforts through the creation of the PromOTe Success Scholars. July 2020.
- Current research: Relationship between critical thinking skills and certification exam performance in occupational therapy students and candidates.
Our admissions team is here to help
The best way to get started is to get in touch. We’ll answer your questions, help you explore programs and walk you through the admissions and financial aid process.