Terri L. Jashinsky, Ph.D., CRC
Associate Professor, Professional Counseling Program
Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling Program Director
Phone: (414) 930-3239
Office: Kostka Hall, Room 340
- Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Psychology, Counseling Psychology specialization (APA accredited)
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Minor: Clinical Psychology
- Master of Science, Rehabilitation Psychology and Counseling (CORE accredited)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, Physiology emphasis
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Minors: Psychology and Coaching
- Excellence in Teaching Award recipient (2016-2017)
- NCACES 2016 Innovative Counselor Education Program of the Year
- Awarded to Mount Mary University Counseling Department
- Nominated and selected to represent Mount Mary University as a Faculty Fellow at 2016 Collegium
- Career development
- Counseling students' self-efficacy and skill development
- Attitudes towards individuals with addictions
- Jashinsky, T. L., & Long, A. (2022). Online addiction counseling courses: Recognizing challenges and sharing successes. Presentation at the North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference, Omaha, NE.
Jashinsky, T. L. (2020). Fostering student self-efficacy in career counseling: A continued conversation. Presentation at the National Career Development Association Global Conference, virtual format.
- Jashinsky, T. L. (2019). Older adults and substance use disorders. Presentation at the Association for Adult Development and Aging National Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Jashinsky, T. L. (2019). Motivational interviewing. Presentation at the Health Resources and Services Administration Regional Opioid Health Workforce Forum, Chicago, IL.
- Smothers, M. K., & Jashinsky, T. L. (2019). Healing from trauma and addiction: The role of values and meaning-making in recovery. Presentation at the Wisconsin Art Therapy Association Spring Symposium, Milwaukee, WI.
- Jashinsky, T. L., & Martens, M. (2018). Assessing and addressing counseling students’ attitudes towards people with alcohol concerns. Presentation at the Wisconsin Counseling Association 2018 Annual Summit, Madison, WI.
Recent Publications (Peer Reviewed):
Jashinsky, T. L. (in press). School Psychology Cultural Competency Training Scale. In S. Dermer and J.A. Abdullah (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Multicultural Counseling, Social Justice, and Advocacy. SAGE Publications.
- Jashinsky, T. L., King, C. L., Kwiat, N. M., Henry, B. L., & Lockett-Glover, A. (2021). Disability and COVID-19: Impact on workers, intersectionality with race, and inclusion strategies. Career Development Quarterly, 69(4), 313-325
- Jashinsky, T. L., & King, C. L. (2019, February). Fostering career counseling self-efficacy in counselor education. Career Convergence. Online publication of the National Career Development Association.
- Jashinsky, T.L. & Scherer, J. (2016). A pilot measure of prejudice toward people with alcoholism. The Wisconsin Counseling Journal, 29, 16-34.
- Jashinsky, T.L. (2016). Gambling, compulsive. In J. Carlson & S. Dermer (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Marriage, Family, and Couples Counseling. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Jashinsky, T.L. (2016). Compulsive sexual behavior. In J Carlson & S. Dermer (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Marriage, Family, and Couples Counseling. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- American Rehabilitation Counselors Association
- The Wisconsin Counseling Journal (editorial board member)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision