Mount Mary Magazine Spring 2020 Issue
The 2020 Spring issue of Mount Mary Magazine is now available.
In this issue:
- "Virtual Reality: at the touch of a button, the world opens up" - The walls of the classroom are white, and so are the tables and chairs that face a large screen. Like a blank canvas, it is designed to transport students well beyond its walls using virtual reality (VR) technology.
- "Making Milwaukee Ready to Work" - Plugging the leaks in Milwaukee’s talent pipeline is an effort being waged across the region, and Mount Mary is engaging in community initiatives and developing strategies within the institution to support more students.
- "The Right to Vote: Celebrating 100 years" - 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the passing of the 19th Amendment, granting women’s right to vote. As we celebrate this landmark milestone, we reflect back on the women of Mount Mary exercising their right to vote—from the early years within the School Sisters of Notre Dame to the students of today.
- Student Spotlight: "From undecided to unstoppable" - Taylor Robinson is a first-year student at Mount Mary and is part of the first group to go through the Compass Year. She describes her experiences here.
- Alumnae Spotlight: "For this alum, pizza and research pair well together" - It all happened so quickly. Emily Boutcher ’18, had intended to study dietetics when she transferred to Mount Mary in 2016. She had not been here long when she learned about food science, a new program at the time.
- "Leading Lady: Nan Metzger" - As a teacher, world traveler, trained counselor and director of international studies, Nan Metzger draws on a variety of experiences and skills to enrich students’ academic journeys through study abroad programs.
- "Creating leaders to shape the future of fashion" - Celebrity designers and social media influencers have skewed the public’s impression of fashion. Ashley Brooks explains how her students learn what really matters.
- "Then & Now - Campus has always tapped into technology to learn languages" - In 1958, a new language lab was installed on the Mount Mary campus, and the process of learning a world language was transformed.
The Mount Mary Magazine is published bi-annually for alumnae, friends, and the University community. Submissions are welcome; send them to: email@example.com. If you are an alumna and are not receiving the magazine, please contact the Office of Alumnae Relations at: firstname.lastname@example.org or update your information online.