Marian Art Gallery
While you’re on campus, take in a bit of culture at the Marian Art Gallery, host to national, regional, local and student art shows throughout the year. The Gallery is open to the public and is always free.
Showing October 9 - October 31
"Draw Your Soul"
The entire Mount Mary community celebrates the soul in this collaborative Homecoming on the Mount exhibit. Restricted to white paper and a black ball point pen, participants represent their souls in two dimensions. Each piece displayed in the exhibit will be available for purchase for a $20 donation. Proceeds support the Mount Mary University Marian Art Gallery.
Thursday, October 9
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Soul music and soul food will get you in the mood at this opening reception that celebrates spectacular "soulful" interpretations by the Mount Mary University family — students, alums, faculty, staff, friends and the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Contact the Alumnae Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 256-1254, to register and receive your materials packet: complimentary art supplies, contact form and return envelope. Download a prospectus.
- Using only the materials provided (a black ballpoint pen and white paper) complete the exercise of interpreting your soul.
- Sign and date the back of your work only -- do not sign the front.
- Complete contact information form provided in the materials packet.
- Return the work and contact form in the envelope provided, with 98 cents (2 stamps)
in postage attached, to:
Mount Mary University
Alumnae Office, Attn: Draw Your Soul
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Deadline for entries: September 27, 2014
This show is non-juried. Please note that all submitted pieces will be hung in the show and considered donations to the Marian Art Gallery and will NOT be returned. Please direct any questions to email@example.com or 414-256-1254.
Early samples from this collaborative effort -
Gallery Hours and Information
- Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
The Marian Gallery is located on the first level of Caroline Hall. For information on the gallery space or show schedule, contact Josh Anderson, (414) 258-4810, ext. 365, firstname.lastname@example.org .
"Sisters of Freedom" Traveling Exhibit
Mount Mary University is proud to offer "Sisters of Freedom," a unique tribute to the brave women who have helped to shape our world today and who remind us who we are and what we can achieve. The exhibit consists of several panels presenting women from the 1800's to today and includes three influential women from Wisconsin. This exhibit is available for display off-site. Download the information sheet and release form. For more information, call (414) 258-4810, ext. 473 or 413.