Mount Mary University's Jewel Scholars Program aims to expand access to STEM careers for women and underrepresented students, with the purpose of growing the talent pool of highly skilled scientists in the Milwaukee area.
Jewel Scholars who are first year students will earn $27,000 or more per year, renewable for four years.
Jewel Scholars who transfer in to Mount Mary will earn $26,000 or more per year.
Along with other grants and awards, this scholarship can cover up to full tuition.
- Students must be majoring in:
- Biology - health sciences
- Biology - environmental sciences
- Food science
- Please note: Human biology: pre-occupational therapy majors and human biology: pre-dietetics majors are not eligible.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Students must be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant
To be considered for the Jewel Scholars Program, students must complete the following steps:
- Apply to Mount Mary.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all institutions attended.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students accepted to Mount Mary who meet the eligibility requirements listed above, will be considered for the Jewel Scholars Program. No additional scholarship application is required. Applicants will be reviewed for consideration in January.
Three first year (high school) students and two transfer students are awarded this scholarship each year. This scholarship is renewable for four years.