An earn and learn program for fashion students
Mount Mary University is excited to launch its Fashion Fellowship Program. This program allows Mount Mary students to have access to part-time jobs in the fashion industry while earning their bachelor's degrees. Students are able to both earn and learn through this program:
EARN: Students are paid by the store or organization for which they are working.
LEARN: Students receive valuable knowledge and skills, and gain experience within the fashion industry.
Depending on the needs of the fashion fellowship partner, each position and job responsibilities can vary greatly. Examples include: retail sales, social media marketing, fashion show coordination, receptionist work and more.
How the program works
- Job openings at fashion fellowship partners are announced and posted on this webpage.
- Interested fashion students submit a job application, resume and cover letter to the Mount Mary fashion faculty.
- Fashion faculty screen candidates for a good match, and recommended student candidates move through the typical interviewing and hiring process.
- Upon being hired, fashion fellowship students wear a badge while working to identify their role, and share the strengths of Mount Mary’s fashion program with the community.
- Fashion fellowships may lead to future internship opportunities and even full-time jobs after graduation based on a student’s progress, creativity and ambition, and the partner’s hiring needs.
Available job openings
The following job openings are available for Mount Mary fashion students. To apply for a job you're interested in, click on the "Apply for a Fashion Fellowship" button below.
Part-Time Stylist - Click here for the job description.
Retail Assistant - Click here for the job description.
Sales Associate: Seeking enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with customers with an emphasis on selling a variety of apparel and accessories. Impeccable customer service, product knowledge and maintaining a clean and visually appealing store are key responsibilities.
- Store location: 7532 W State St, Wauwatosa, WI
Part-Time Sales Associate - Click here for the job description.
Store location: 245 High Street, Brookfield, WI
Our fashion fellowship partners
Mount Mary is proud to partner with our very first fashion fellowship partners:
- Faye's Women's Boutique
- Gigi MKE
- Miss Ruby: A Bridal Boutique
- White Dress Bridal Boutique
The university is actively pursuing other fashion fellowship partners. Check back to learn of new partnerships and job openings as they become available.
If you're a current Mount Mary Fashion Fellowship Partner who is looking to post a job opening at your store/organization, click the button below.
Student & fellowship partner responsibilities
Fellowship Partner Responsibilities
This partnership is a great opportunity for Mount Mary and Miss Ruby to give students the chance to gain real industry experience and useful hands-on learning outside of the classroom. I feel so passionately about giving emerging creatives and graduates a healthy environment to discover their strengths.
Miss Ruby: A Bridal Boutique, Fashion Fellowship Partner
“We are thrilled to be able to work directly with Mount Mary students. They offer us a new and fresh perspective and we love consulting and developing new ideas with them.”