What's different about Mount Mary's Liberal Studies Major?
In today’s competitive workplace and constantly changing job market, a bachelor’s degree in a broad field such as liberal studies can open doors to exciting new career opportunities. Mount Mary University’s liberal studies program supports you in developing critical thinking, creative thinking and leadership skills so you can succeed personally and professionally.
The Liberal Studies program promotes the growth of women who would benefit from a wider, more holistic perspective on the world. The liberal studies curriculum is flexible, blending the richness of liberal arts with professional preparation based on the student's unique interests and needs.
Learn more about Mount Mary's Liberal Studies Degree
The Liberal Studies major is designed to provide an opportunity for women who hold associate degrees in technical/business fields from an accredited college to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
In today's competitive workplace and constantly changing job market, a bachelor's degree in a broad field such as liberal studies can open doors to exciting new career opportunities. Mount Mary University's liberal studies degree-completion program supports you in developing critical and creative thinking and leadership skills so you can success personally and professionally.
Enhance Your Career Advancement Opportunities
Getting a degree in liberal studies is a great way to improve your employment opportunities and increase your earning potential. Our graduates report increased responsibilities and recognition in the workplace after earning their degree.
The liberal studies curriculum blends the richness of liberal arts with professional preparation. The program supports you to:
- gain a strong background in the liberal arts
- expand your critical and creative thinking skills
- broaden your knowledge of the world
- grow intellectually and personally
- develop leadership skills
Bachelor's Degree Requirements
- SYM 110 Leadership for Social Justice 3 credits
- Capstone (in Liberal Studies or appropriate departmental Capstone) 3 credits
- Concentration of 10 credits in one of the core realms:
- Humanities, Including coursework in Communication, English, History, International Studies, Philosophy, Theology, and/or Spanish
- Sciences, Including coursework in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and/or Psychology
- Program Requirements
- Social Sciences, Including coursework in Anthropology, Justice, Political Science, Sociology, and/or Economics
- Fine Arts, Including coursework in Art, Music, and/or Dance
Complete degree requirements on the liberal studies curriculum and a listing of courses are available in the Undergraduate Bulletin.
The School of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Studies at Mount Mary is rich with talented faculty who care about their students.
Mount Mary University’s liberal studies degree-completion program prepares you to make a difference in the workplace and in your community. A liberal studies bachelor’s degree can open doors to new career opportunities and lead to increased earning potential.The liberal studies program is designed for women who:
- are seeking a job that requires a bachelor’s degree
- need a four-year degree for a job promotion
- want to develop reading, writing and critical thinking skills
- are interested in lifelong learning or growing intellectually