Introducing Mount Mary’s NEW fashion competition!
Here’s your chance to express yourself!
Create an upcycled garment or outfit that showcases your unique vision.
Using mostly upcycled materials, you’ll stitch, staple, tape or glue your way to a one-of-a-kind garment.
Throughout the creative process and construction of your garment, Mount Mary Fashion faculty will offer Zoom sessions to answer your questions so nothing holds you back from creating a look that’s yours alone!
Uniquely Yours FASHION CONTEST:
- WHAT: Create an upcycled garment or outfit that is Uniquely YOURS!
- WHO: Open to students grades 8-12; may work individually or in teams of two.
- WHEN: Zoom kickoff meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10. Final garments due midnight Sunday, Feb. 12, 2023.
- HOW: At least 80% of materials used must be recycled, secondhand or gently used. Contestants may request a free bundle of fabric and sewing patterns from Mount Mary, if desired. Total budget must not exceed $40.
- ETC: Winning garments will be featured in the 2023 Mount Mary University student fashion show, will receive tickets to the show and full or partial scholarships to the 2023 Summer Fashion Academy at Mount Mary.