Show the Love Giving Day
Alumnae and Mount Mary friends have been challenged to give over 275 gifts over 12 hours. Gifts of all sizes are needed to help support student scholarships that transform lives through higher education.
Throughout the day, there are several challenges that unlock additional money for student scholarships.
- Loves, Shares and Comments Challenge (8 am-8 pm): If all of the Giving Day posts on the Alumnae Facebook reach a combined total of 80 likes, shares and comments, $1,000 will be unlocked for student scholarships.
- War of the Majors Challenge (9-11:30 am): It's health and natural sciences, business and math, arts and design, social and behavioral sciences, humanities, and education competing against one another. The group for the most gifts will receive bragging rights, and $1,500 will be unlocked for student scholarships in its honor.
- Gold Challenge (12-1:30 pm): Bite-sized gifts made by alums who graduated within the past ten years will be matched, up to $2,000.
- Halfway Challenge (2-3 pm): If the total number of gifts equals at least 135 gifts by 3 pm, another $1,350 will be unlocked for student scholarships.
- Tribute to Professors Challenge (3-4:30 pm): The professor with the most gifts given in honor of her/him will unlock $1,000 for their department's general scholarships.
- Selfie Challenge (5-6 pm): Post photos with pets, friends or family members using the hashtag #ShowMMULove. The top photo in these three categories: most school spirit, most creative location and most fashionable will win gift cards.
- Friends and Family Challenge (6-7 pm): Bite-sized gifts made by friends and family will be matched, up to $1,500.