Most likely for all women to succeed … and here’s why
If you believe our world needs more diversity, more women, more voices and more equity to make society better, Mount Mary University has been a constant force for good for over 100 years. Our vision is to create a diverse and inclusive learning community that educates students to transform the world.
Mount Mary is the most diverse higher education institution in the area:
- 42% of the members of Mount Mary’s student body identify as a person of color.
- In the Spring of 2020, Mount Mary was classified as a Hispanic Serving Institute, indicating the school’s undergraduate enrollment is at least 25% Hispanic.
- 1 in 3 undergraduates are first generation college students and 2 out of 3 students are eligible for Pell grants.
- In comparison to our peer institutions, our entering first-time full-time degree seeking students received $2,000 more in financial aid.
- Our most recent 6 year graduation rates show that 64% of our students graduated within 6 years. Students who received Pell grants and students who identified as a first-generation graduated at the same rates of the entire cohort.
These strong indicators affirm Mount Mary’s standing for ranking 3rd in the Midwest for top performing school for social mobility, ensuring women of all backgrounds succeed.
IPEDS Feedback Report – aid awarded vs peer institutions determined by the Department of Education
Pell, 1st Generation and Race/Ethnicity data based on Fall 2020 Enrollment; Graduation based on 2013 Fall Cohort: 64 Graduation Rates, 67% for First-Generation, 65% for Pell Eligible
Here are some other important data points that speak to the Mount Mary advantage: