Restructured MBA program increases options
Updated program offers flexibility, leadership in diverse environments
Mount Mary University’s newly revised MBA program for fall 2021 will deliver high-demand content and meet the scheduling needs of today’s professionals.
The program offers:
- Enhanced flexibility in earning stackable certificates at one’s own pace that can lead to a full MBA.
- Flexible scheduling options, known as "hyflex," allow students to choose attending in-person or remotely.
- An emphasis on high-demand topics such as diversity, equity and inclusion in business, and small business management.
This revised program design opens the program to students interested in learning relevant skills in high-demand topics through microcredentials, said MBA Program Director Kristen Carioti.
"Our reimagined MBA program responds to the needs of today’s professional as well as the challenges and opportunities organizations are facing in 2021,” Carioti said. “The program offers options for both degree-seeking students and certificate students, as well as flexibility for how students want to join the class, whether in-person or remotely.”
Beginning in fall 2021, MBA coursework will consist of both core classes and four-credit electives for those interested in earning their MBA. Those who opt for electives only can earn certificates leading to an MBA.
Fall 2021 certificate classes begin in mid-August and include:
- DEI in Business: Students will design a diversity, equity and inclusion program to fit their organization’s needs and strategic vision. Other topics include building and fostering an inclusive culture; mitigating bias in the hiring and performance review processes; and building relationships with minority-owned businesses and other external stakeholders.
- Small Business Management: Students investigate key issues and competencies needed in starting, growing, managing and transitioning small businesses. Upon competition, students develop a strategic business plan for starting and operating their small business.
Certificate classes for spring 2022 begin in mid-January and include:
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior: This course challenges students to reflect upon their current leadership capacity and moves progressively through individual, team and organizational levels of behavior.
- Managing Talent and Organizational Culture: Topics include finding and managing talent, creating and sustaining remote teams, and enhancing the employee experience with design thinking principles. Special topics include addressing employee mental health and burnout.
Certificate classes meet eight times over the span of 12 weeks, while core classes meet in an accelerated eight-week format. For more information visit mtmary.edu/mba.