Student fashion designers recognized for award-winning designs
Congratulations to the 2020 and 2021 fashion award winners announced during the CREO virtual fashion show.
CREO is taken from the Latin word for "to make, create or produce." Themed "DISCONNECT/RECONNECT", the virtual show featured over 150 garments from the 2020 and 2021 fashion design student collections.
The award winners include:
- Asma Dasan: "Pearled Denim"- 2021 Sustainable Design
- Rachel Gantz: "New Antique"- 2021 Historically Inspired Dress
- Anastasiya Gouchtchina: "Unorthodox Gold"- 2020 Tailoring Award & 2020 Outstanding Senior Collection
- Kristin Hardwick: "Inner Stature"- 2021 Breaking Boundaries in memory of Sandra Tonz
- Lillian Koch: "Around the World"- 2021 Outstanding Senior Collection
- Adia Kolell: "Art Nouveau Evening"- 2021 Red Carpet Ready
- Christina Lopez-Prado: "Efflorescence" - 2020 Historically Inspired Dress & Top Peer2Peer Fundraiser (Design); "EspiritúSanto" - 2021 Fashion Forward
- Lydia Rogers: Top Peer2Peer Fundraiser (Merchandise Management)
- Nyah Rutchik: " '77 Rumours"- 2021 Inclusive Design
- Cassandra Stutzman: "Moonlit Orchid" - 2020 Outstanding Junior Collection, 2021 Outstanding Patternmaking & Construction in honor of Sister Aloyse and 2021 Best In Show
- Shoua Xiong: "Fluid Connections"- 2021 Most Marketable
This year's premier sponsors include AFN, Bryson Reid, Enterforce, and Florence Eiseman.
The Student Designer Fashion Show was reimagined and presented in a virtual format for 2021. Merchandise management students captured fashion collections by producing a unique video that featured designs by both 2020 and 2021 fashion design majors.
Follow @MountMaryFashion on Instagram for to stay connected to the Mount Mary Fashion Department.
Featured photo by Lindsey Cole Photography