Biz Times Media names Pharr Woman Executive of the Year
Christine Pharr, Ph.D., who recently retired as president of Mount Mary University, has been named the BizTimes Media’s 12th Woman Executive of the Year.
“Dr. Christine Pharr’s accomplishments in the past four years at Mount Mary University have been remarkable,” said BizTimes Media publisher Dan Meyer. “The university and the Milwaukee region will benefit from her leadership for years to come.”
Pharr will be recognized at the Women in Business Symposium, to be held at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 25, at the Brookfield Conference Center, 325 S. Moorland Road, Brookfield.
“I am humbled and honored by this award, which in fact recognizes the work and leadership of many people at Mount Mary and in the community of Milwaukee,” said Pharr. “Our work together has laid a foundation that I know will continue at the University.”
Pharr joins a distinguished list of previous award recipients. Past BizTimes Media Women Executive of the Year honorees include:
- 2021 – Kathy Koshgarian, president and COO, The Dohmen Company Foundation
- 2020 – Patty Cadorin, senior advisor, BMO Harris Bank
- 2019 – Mary Lou Young, former CEO of the United Way of Milwaukee & Waukesha County
- 2018 – Juli Kaufmann, president, Fix Development
- 2017 – Wendy Baumann, president and chief visionary officer, Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corp.
- 2016 – Paula Pennebaker, president and CEO, YWCA Southeast Wisconsin
- 2015 – Eve Hall, former president and CEO, African American Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin
- 2014 – Nan Gardetto, founder, owner and CEO, Baptista’s Bakery, Inc.
- 2013 – Maria Monreal-Cameron, former president and CEO, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Wisconsin
- 2012 – Gail Lione, former executive vice president, Harley-Davidson, and former president of the Harley-Davidson Foundation
- 2011 – Cynthia LaConte, president and CEO, Dohmen
Pharr became president of Mount Mary University in 2017 and retired on July 1 of this year. She was succeeded by social scientist Isabelle Cherney.
For details and to register for the August 25 Women in Business Symposium, click here.