Master of Science in Art Therapy
Create the next step in your career with a Mount Mary University Master of Science
in Art Therapy. You can become part of a learning community where students and faculty
share a commitment to meaningful graduate-level academic, aesthetic, clinical, intrapersonal
and interpersonal study.
Our coed art therapy program is designed to integrate your artistic inquiry with art therapy and counseling theories and techniques so you can develop a sophisticated professional identity as an artist-therapist. The program provides a supportive learning environment and rigorous curriculum.
The program is grounded in a profound belief in the healing power of the arts and creative process. We provide an experiential and depth-oriented program where you can learn to implement theory and practice in a wide range of clinical contexts.Download the Art Therapy Programs Brochure (PDF)
Art Therapy ’12
“I am impressed with the strength of the art-based perspective towards therapy. You are trained to understand yourself and your clients in a way that truly gets to the core of what it means to be an artist. Going through the program was an incredibly transformational experience.”
About the Master's Program
Mount Mary’s 60-credit Master of Science in Art Therapy features:
- A fully accredited program—Mount Mary’s art therapy program is the only fully accredited art therapy graduate degree program in Wisconsin approved by the American Art Therapy Association.
- Integrated learning approach—Courses promote hands-on experiential learning to integrate aesthetic, academic and clinical studies with professional practice. The program offers a supportive and collaborative environment of learners.
- Direct access to faculty—Work side-by-side with internationally recognized faculty who are theorists, practitioners and leaders at the forefront of the art therapy profession. Mount Mary University’s art therapy faculty members are highly experienced artists and therapists in the field of art therapy and bring their real-world experiences into the classroom.
Take the Next Step at Mount Mary
- Contact Dr. Chris Belkofer, Master of Science in Art Therapy Program Director, by email or at (414) 256-1215, to learn more about the program and courses.
- Learn about current tuition rates and financial aid
- Check out the program’s prerequisites and degree requirements.
- Contact your graduate admission counselor to get your application and admission questions answered.
- Start creating your Mount Mary experience: Apply today!