Intergenerational housing planned for Mount Mary campus
Mount Mary University will soon be the site of an intergenerational housing community for retired sisters and seniors, and will provide an educational and supportive housing option for single mothers who are students at Mount Mary.
Trinity Woods - West Courtyard
Intergenerational Community at Mount Mary University Announces Financial Closing, New Name
The new intergenerational housing community at Mount Mary University today announced the financial closing of the $45 million project. This future home to seniors, undergraduate single mothers and their children, and the School Sisters of Notre Dame has been given the name Trinity Woods.
The new community has begun accepting individuals on an interest list for move-ins beginning at the end of 2021.
To learn more about senior housing, contact Maureen Robinson of the Milwaukee Catholic Home at (414) 225-8252 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals on the interest list will be given preference in selecting their new apartment homes.
Mount Mary alumnae interested in this new intergenerational community should contact Maureen Robinson (see above) to place their names on the interest list.
Learn more about the new housing project and the School Sisters of Notre DameA Place to Call Home
SSNDs to move into an intergenerational housing complex at Mount Mary
The School Sisters of Notre Dame, whose presence and leadership have powered the spirit of Mount Mary, are returning to campus for good.
Founding Mothers: Reflecting upon the SSND legacy in Elm Grove
The year was 1855 and Mother Caroline Freiss, who had come to Milwaukee five years earlier, was searching the countryside for additional land to support the order’s growing mission.
- Environments for Aging, "First Look: Trinity Woods At Mount Mary University"
- Urban Milwaukee, "Mount Mary, Partners Hold Groundbreaking for Trinity Woods"
- Urban Milwaukee, "Mount Mary Begins Work on Trinity Woods Development"
- Milwaukee Business Journal, "Mount Mary apartment project for students, seniors and nuns secures $35M in financing"
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Construction starting on housing for nuns, and college students -- who are single moms -- at Mount Mary University"
- BizTimes, "Housing development planned at Mount Mary for School Sisters of Notre Dame"
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Housing for nuns, other seniors and college students – who are single moms – planned at Mount Mary University"
- Milwaukee Business Journal, "$40 million housing project planned at Mount Mary for School Sisters of Notre Dame"
- Urban Milwaukee, "Mount Mary Plans $45 Million Complex"
- Milwaukee Independent, "Mount Mary plans $45M intergenerational housing on campus for seniors and single mothers"
- WUWM's 89.7 Lake Effect, "Mount Mary Plans Housing To Serve Single Mothers Alongside Retired Sisters"
- Catholic News Agency, "Can a dorm for single moms and retired nuns bring new life to this Catholic college?"
- Aleteia, "Catholic university invites students who are single mothers to live with retired religious sisters"
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Elm Grove's School Sisters of Notre Dame historic church and convent to be converted into apartments"
- Senior Housing News, "College’s $45M Development Puts Students, Senior Housing Under One Roof"
- Mount Mary Magazine, "A Place to Call Home: SSNDs to move into an intergenerational housing complex at Mount Mary"
Thrive 2025: Our Plan for the Future
For a plan to be truly strategic, it must take us from the status quo to a new and different state. The Strategic Plan delivers, and will sustain our vision through 2025.