Student Government Association
Mount Mary University’s Student Government Association (SGA) exists to represent the student body in University issues and decisions, both big and small. Students have the opportunity to serve on SGA, gaining leadership experience, supporting the diverse student community, and creating positive change.
What is Student Government Association (SGA)?
The Student Government Association is a group of students elected by their peers to represent their needs and concerns to the University. Members of SGA represent various student populations including resident students, Grace scholars, non-traditional and graduate students, as well as the student body at large. SGA meets weekly to identify campus issues or concerns that need to be addressed.
What does SGA do?
Student Government has several key functions:
1. Seeks student feedback and input
2. Supports student organizations
3. Provides student voice to University administration
4. Represents students on various campus committees and governing bodies
In addition to these key functions, SGA plans and hosts events that support their overall mission of representing the student body and supporting the Mount Mary mission.
Who is my SGA representative?
- Jade Langkau, President
- Sara Rubovits, Vice President
- Maka Shidad, Secretary
- Samantha Liggett, Treasurer
- Nina Kesic, Senator for School of Arts and Design
- Keishla Lopez Castillo, Senator for School of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Makaila Wilks, Grace Scholar Senator
- Lauren Nylund, Athlete Student Senator
- Britt Asbach, Graduate Student Senator
- Emma Smalley, Student Body Senator
How do I get involved?
Student Government elections and appointments occur each fall and spring semester. Executive Board elections occur in the spring semester, and general elections occur in the fall semester. Appointed positions are chosen in the spring semester and include: one student from each of the schools, one student athlete, and one student from each of the following programs: Grace Scholars, Promise Program, Caroline Scholars, Title 3 BOLD program, and Jewel Scholars.
Want to get involved in SGA? Email email@example.com.
Want to make Mount Mary a better place? Contact us!
Have an idea on something to make campus better? Have a concern to share? Send an email to your representative or to firstname.lastname@example.org.