Discover Yourself in Milwaukee
Wisconsin is located in the Midwest region of the United States. It provides residents with four distinct seasons and ample opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. With a population of approximately 600,000, Milwaukee is the culturally-diverse center in Wisconsin. Milwaukee provides something new to explore every week including performing arts (ballet, opera, theater), the Milwaukee Art Gallery Night, music concerts, and the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Along with entertainment, Milwaukee is filled with internship and employment opportunities for Mount Mary students and alumni.
Milwaukee Quick Facts:
- Get festive! Did you know that Milwaukee is known internationally as the City of Festivals?
Summerfest is the world’s largest music festival, as determined by the Guinness Book of Records.
Over the course of eleven days, eleven stages feature more than 700 performers!
- Irish Fest is the largest celebration of Irish Culture in the world, featuring performances of Irish dance and music. Other festivals include: Indian (Native American) Summer Festival, Polish Fest, Festa Italiana, African World Festival, German Fest, Pridefest, Mexican Fiesta, Lakefront Festival of the Arts and Bastille Days.
- Milwaukee has four professional sports teams including the Brewers (Baseball), Admirals (Hockey), Wave (Soccer) and Bucks (Basketball)
- Milwaukee is located on beautiful Lake Michigan, one of the five Great Lakes of North America
- Milwaukee is in the top 10 Best Cities for Urban Forests (americanforests.org, 2013)
- Milwaukee has 140 county parks in Milwaukee where you can go hiking, kayaking, biking, running, picnicking or cross-country skiing.
- Mitchell International Airport is located close to campus with public transportation access.
Want to learn more about Milwaukee? Click here to go to the Visit Milwaukee website!
Find additional resources related to VISA questions, living in Wisconsin, and useful links to information about the state of Wisconsin here.
Milwaukee is one of the 10 best Cities to find a job in the U.S.
(2019 Milwaukee Business Journal)
Mount Mary’s focus on teaching students to think creatively enhances their leadership ability and leads to greater success in the workplace. When you graduate, you’ll have the confidence and open mind to imagine and experiment with innovative ideas that push your organization—and yourself—to the top of your field.Mount Mary graduates have gone on to notable graduate schools and successful careers. Milwaukee is home to hundreds of mid-size businesses, and Fortune 1000 and 500 companies, including:
- Johnson Controls
- Northwestern Mutual
- Manpower Group
- Kohl’s Corporation
- Oshkosh Corporation
- American Family Insurance Group
- Rockwell Automation
- Joy Global
Other major Milwaukee employers include:
- Aurora Health Care
- BMO Harris
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Quad Graphics
- WE Energies
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare