Get a Head Start on your College Degree

Earning college credit while you’re still in high school is a great way to jump-start your college career. It can make a college education more affordable by helping you earn your degree faster. There are two paths to earning college credit-- by testing out of a particular course, or taking approved college-level courses while still in high school.

We encourage you to talk early with your high school guidance counselor or Mount Mary admission counselor about these opportunities, since some programs have deadlines for participation.

Early College Credit Program: 9th through 12th grade students at Wisconsin public and private high schools can earn both high school and college credit through this statewide program. Click here to learn more.

Advanced Placement (AP) Classes: Enroll in AP coursework at your high school and then take the AP test to earn college credit. Certain test scores are required to earn college credit for that course. View the AP Credit Transfer chart..

International Baccalaureate (IB) Credits: IB credits from higher level (HL) courses are accepted at Mount Mary. Standard level (SL) credits are not accepted. View the IB Transfer chart.

CLEP Exam Credits: To earn college credit through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), you can take exams to test your mastery of college-level material. See a list of the CLEP exams accepted at Mount Mary and what scores you need to receive for college credit. A maximum of 20 credits by CLEP examination can be accepted. View the CLEP Transfer chart.