Create an Affordable Education
Mount Mary University provides financial assistance for adult undergraduate students and graduate students primarily through tuition discounts, graduate assistantships and federal financial aid.
Aid for Adult Undergraduate & Graduate Students
- Corporate partner tuition discounts—Mount Mary has partnered with several Milwaukee area companies to provide an affordable education to working adults pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in select academic areas. Employees of partner companies are eligible to receive tuition discounts, which range from 5 to 50 percent. See if your company is a corporate partner.
- Loans—Federal loans may be available to help you pay for undergraduate or graduate study. Learn more about loans.
- External scholarship resources—Many organizations outside of Mount Mary University offer scholarships or fellowships to support your undergraduate or graduate education. Learn about scholarships from external sources.
Graduate Student Assistantships
Graduate assistantships are opportunities for graduate students to work on campus
to help pay for their education. The following graduate assistantship positions are offered
on campus. Open positions include a link for more information.
- Art Therapy Graduate Assistantship
- Women's Basketball Graduate Assistantship
- Residence Life Graduate Assistantship
- Student Leadership and Office Support Graduate Assistantship (Office of Student Engagement)
- Student Programs and Event Support Graduate Assistantship (Office of Student Engagement)
- Office of Graduate Admissions Graduate Assistantship (2 positions)
- Counseling Graduate Assistantships (2 positions)
- Haggerty Library Graduate Assistantship
- Portfolio Assessment Program Graduate Assistantship
Adult Undergraduate Tuition Discounts, Grants & Scholarships
- Academic scholarships—Adult students who are first-time college students or transfer students pursuing an undergraduate degree full-time may be eligible for academic scholarships.
- Undergraduate accelerated program tuition discounts—Students enrolled in Mount Mary’s undergraduate accelerated degree programs automatically receive a tuition discount, and therefore, are not eligible for the university’s academic scholarships. See accelerated program tuition rates.
- Grants—Federal, state and local grants may be available to help you pay for undergraduate study. Learn more about grants.
Douglas J Mickelson Graduate Student Scholarship
The Douglas J. Mickelson Graduate Student Scholarship is a scholarship available to an incoming graduate or post-masters certification student or current Mount Mary graduate or post-masters certification student with a strong academic record (undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or above or graduate GPA of 3.5 or above).
The scholarship is named for Doug Mickelson, who served as Graduate Program Director of Community Counseling in 2003, became Associate Dean of Graduate Education in 2005, and was then given the title of Dean of Graduate Education in 2013 until his retirement in 2015. For a decade, Dr. Mickelson, former Dean of Graduate Education, was a proponent of graduate education and a mentor for program directors at Mount Mary University. As Dean, he oversaw the growth of graduate programs to number seven master's degree program and two doctoral programs. His dedication to Mount Mary University and graduate students continues through the endowed scholarship that shares his name.
Criteria for Incoming Graduate or Post-Masters Certification Students
- Be accepted to Mount Mary University as a full-time or part-time graduate or post-masters certification student
- Have minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or above or graduate GPA of 3.5 or above
Criteria for Current Graduate or Post-Masters Certification Students
- Be enrolled at Mount Mary University as a full-time or part-time graduate or post-masters certification student
- Have minimum graduate GPA of 3.5 or above
How to Apply
- Submit a letter of application explaining how the scholarship will impact your graduate studies. Please include your name, email, and phone number at the top of your letter of application.
- Submit one letter of support from a professor or work supervisor. References must use the Letter of Support for Graduate Students.
Scholarship Deadline: TBD for the 2018-2019 academic year
The student chosen to receive the Mickelson Scholarship by the review committee will be notified before the Fall 2018 semester. Please submit completed application materials via one of the following methods:
Office for Graduate Admissions
Mount Mary University
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597
By fax: 414-930-3714
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org