Second Degree & Post-baccalaureate Certificate Admissions

Mount Mary University in Milwaukee is an accredited university with a reputation for encouraging women to develop their talents and leadership skills, to succeed professionally and personally, and to make a difference in their communities. Professors here know you by name, support you to achieve your potential and challenge you to try new experiences.

You can choose from more than 30 undergraduate majors at Mount Mary, including business, dietetics, education, fashion, occupational therapy, psychology and social work. Our more than 10,000 alumnae are successful teachers, artists, designers, therapists, entrepreneurs, scientists and more.

How to Apply to Mount Mary

  1. Apply online using the Undergraduate Post-baccalaureate Certificate/Second Degree Application
  2. Submit all official college/university transcripts.
  3. Second Degree Students Only: Submit high school transcripts if you seek review for a possible exemption from the world languages core requirement. (High school transcripts are not required for post-baccalaureate certificate student admission.)

Difference Between Second Degree & Post-baccalaureate Certificate Programs

A certificate is not a formal degree program such as Bachelor of Arts or Master of Science, but it can be combined with a formal degree to indicate an area of specialization. You must meet the University's admission requirements to enroll in a credit certificate program. Mount Mary certificate programs are open to both women and men.

For post-baccalaureate certificate programs, you do not need to complete the Mount Mary core curriculum. At the end of your studies you will receive a certificate. See a list of our certificate programs.

For second degree programs, you will:

  • earn at least 32 credits at Mount Mary beyond the completion of studies for your first degree
  • satisfy all Mount Mary core curriculum requirements
  • maintain a C (2.0) GPA or the minimum GPA required by the program, whichever is higher
  • fulfill the requirements of the major (see the  Undergraduate Bulletin (PDF) .

Contact your admission counselor to get started.