Military Veterans Benefits

Mount Mary University proudly supports our veterans through federal and state benefits programs. For questions about your eligibility for veterans educational benefits, contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Post-911/GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program

Mount Mary participates in the Post-911/GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program (Chapter 33) for both graduate and undergraduate students. There is no limit on the number of students who can be served by this program. For questions about your eligibility for Post-911/GI Bill benefits, contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Federal Military Veteran Benefits

Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces may be eligible for a broad range of programs and services provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. These benefits are legislated in Title 38 of the U.S. Code. View a booklet containing a summary of these benefits: Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors.

To inquire about federal veterans benefits, call the VA Call Center at 1-888-442-4551 or submit questions online through the VA’s Ask VA (AVA) Site. To access additional information about benefits for veterans, service members and family members, use the VA’s eBenefits website.

State of Wisconsin Military Veteran Benefits

To qualify for most Wisconsin state veterans benefits, programs or services, a veteran must first establish general eligibility. Eligibility criteria, including exceptions to minimum military services requirements, are set in state laws (Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 45). General eligibility consists of two main requirements: Military service (character, type and duration) and Wisconsin state residency.

Specific programs or benefits may have additional requirements. Check with the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs for details.

Your County Veterans Service Office (CVSO) provides information and assistance in obtaining federal and state veterans benefits, programs and services. Select the Wisconsin where you live and contact your CVSO for additional assistance.

Contact Mount Mary

For help in certifying your enrollment at Mount Mary, contact the Veterans Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office via email at or by phone at (414) 930-3044.