Creating Women’s Leadership Opportunities
Mount Mary University’s Women’s Leadership Institute aims to develop the full potential of women as transformative leaders within the global community.
The institute’s holistic view helps women develop as leaders in their profession, faith, and local and global communities. In collaboration with women leaders in Milwaukee and throughout Wisconsin, the institute provides programs, resources and mentoring for women in the greater Milwaukee area and beyond.
Our Leadership Philosophy
Our leadership philosophy has three core functions, designed for creative thinkers and leaders in the university, community and our youth population. Our philosophy is as follows:
- Inspire—Convene women from diverse backgrounds to learn from established leaders, share ideas, and develop fresh thinking and future-oriented perspectives.
- Educate and train—Help leaders build new skills, recognize new opportunities for value creation and develop competencies for maximizing their leadership potential.
- Support—Share our thought leadership and relevant research to facilitate ongoing learning for women leaders.
Our Mission & Vision
Our vision is to create a compelling educational experience that enables new approaches to teaching, learning and assessing creative leadership, in accordance with Mount Mary University’s long-range vision.
Our mission is to inspire critical introspection and to educate and prepare women as transformative leaders in service to their communities and the world.
Events & Programs
The Women’s Leadership Institute sponsors the Voices of Leadership: Speaker Series/Forum, NEW Leadership™ Wisconsin Summer Institute and other events for students, faculty, staff, alumnae and the community throughout the year. Learn more about our events and programs.
Women’s Leadership Resources
The Women’s Leadership Institute has a repository of articles, research and thought leadership from Mount Mary faculty on women’s issues and the social and economic impact those issues are making in Wisconsin, our region and the world. Contact the Women’s Leadership Institute to access these items.
Use these online resources to learn more about leadership opportunities in Wisconsin and across the country:
- American Association of University Women
- Center for American Women and Politics
- Milwaukee Women, Inc.
- Voting Resources
- The White House Project
- Wisconsin Women in Government
- Wisconsin Women in Higher Education Leadership
- Wisconsin Women's Council
- Wisconsin Women's Network
- National Organization for Women
Support Women’s Leadership
Your support is essential to continuing the efforts of the Women’s Leadership Institute, including leadership programs, events and scholarships. You can make a difference in women’s lives by supporting initiatives aimed at strengthening women’s leadership and empowering women to transform our communities and world.
If you would like to support the institute, you can make a donation online (identify Women’s Leadership Institute in the appropriate box) or contact our Director of Program Management for more information. We thank you for your support!