Application Eligibility Requirements
- Complete a bachelor’s degree before the start of the program.
- Obtain a verification statement from an accredited Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics
- (DPD) indicating all DPD requirements met before the start of the program. Earn a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75/4.0 in DPD coursework
1. Complete and submit an on-line application to the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS), available in October. The application deadline is February 15.
Include three professional references with your DICAS application. At least one reference must be from a faculty member familiar with your performance and one must be a work or volunteer supervisor. The third reference may be from either category. Select references that know you well enough to address your academic and work-related strengths.
Include a Mount Mary University specific personal statement of 1000 words or less. Address the following questions:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses, or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection process?
- Why are you specifically interested Mount Mary University's dietetic internship program?
2. Register online to participate in the computer matching system managed by D&D Digital Systems. Select Mount Mary University from the program list. If you do not select Mount Mary University from the list, your application cannot be considered.
3. Submit a $45 application fee for Mount Mary University via credit card or e-check. This fee also covers admission to Mount Mary University Graduate Program in Dietetics.
DI/MS Selection Process
- The Dietetic Internship Selection Committee is composed of faculty members and preceptors.
- The Committee selects participants based on strong academic performance, work experience (paid or volunteer), recommendations, and professional goals that align well with the design of Mount Mary's Dietetic Internship program
- Interviews are not conducted as part of the selection process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a virtual open house. Applicants unable to attend an open house are encouraged to contact the program director to have questions answered.
- Applicants are notified by computer match results on D&D Digital's website on a designated date in April using a personal username and password. Matched applicants must email or phone Mount Mary's program director to confirm acceptance of the match by the deadline
- Once matched to Mount Mary's dietetic internship, you must also successfully complete a criminal background check. The records check may affect eligibility to participate in the required experiences and thus affect ability to complete the internship program.