The dietetic internship is part of the graduate program offerings at Mount Mary University and is subject to the graduate tuition and fees. Interns take 18 graduate credits. Costs for books, course materials, housing and transportation vary depending on the individual and course requirements.
Costs to Apply to Program
- Application Fee: $35
- Computer Matching Fee*: $50
- Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) fee: $40 for first program, $20 for each additional program applied to
Estimated Program Fees
In addition to tuition, you can expect the following fees:
- General fee: $240 per semester
- Books: $400-$800
- One-two lab coats: $20-$40
- Student membership to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: $50
- Dietetic Internship participation fee: $515 per semester (includes program administration costs, background check, professional liability insurance, drug testing, partial payment for review course at end of internship)
- Housing: See Mount Mary room and board options and fees. Off-campus housing in Milwaukee near Mount Mary University averages about $450-$600 per person, per month for a two-bedroom apartment shared by two people.
- Transportation to practice sites and parking**: Varies
- Physical exam: Varies (Documentation of current inoculations, titers and TB testing are required.)
- Flu shot: required prior to November 15
- Health insurance: See Mount Mary’s student health insurance information for more details. Health insurance is required.
Financial Aid and Graduate Assistantships
- Federal student loans: Dietetic interns are full-time graduate students and are eligible for federal financial aid in the form of student loans. To be eligible for federal loans, you must complete the FAFSA. Contact Mount Mary’s Financial Aid Office with questions.
- Scholarships: The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers scholarships each year. Scholarship applications typically are due in mid-February. We encourage you to search for additional scholarships at your state and local dietetic associations and other companies and professional organizations.
- Part-time employment: Part-time employment is possible during the internship, but work hours should be limited and must fit around the internship program schedule
*One-time fee paid to D&D Digital to participate in the computer match process.
**A private vehicle is necessary, as sites are located 4 to 45 miles from campus and public transportation is not feasible. Proof of auto liability insurance is required. Affiliates may assess parking fees. Parking on the Mount Mary campus is free.