Costs to Apply to Program
- Application Fee: $45
- Computer Matching Fee*: $50
- Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) fee: $40 for first program, $20 for each additional program applied to
Estimated Program Fees
Interns are full-time graduate students and take 18 graduate credits during the internship program. graduate tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Graduate Tuition: $725 per credit
- General fee: $240 per semester
- Books:$400-$800 (varies based on courses chosen)
- One-two lab coats: $20-$40; not required by all sites
- Student membership to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: $58
- Dietetic Internship participation fee: $500 per semester is added as a course fee for DTS 602 and DTS 604. Covers administrative costs, background check, professional liability insurance, unannounced drug testing, attendance at a professional meeting and partial payment for review course at end of internship.
- Housing: See Mount Mary room and board options and fees. Off-campus housing in Milwaukee near Mount Mary University averages about $450-$600 per person, per month for a two-bedroom apartment shared by two people.
- Transportation to practice sites and parking**: Varies
- Physical exam: Varies (Documentation of current vaccinations, titers and TB testing are required.)
- Flu shot: required prior to November 15
- Health insurance: See Mount Mary’s student health insurance information for more details. Health insurance is required.
- Federal student loans: Dietetic interns are full-time graduate students and are eligible for federal financial aid in the form of student loans. To be eligible for federal loans, you must complete the FAFSA. Contact Mount Mary’s Financial Aid Office with questions.
- Scholarships: The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers scholarships each year. Scholarship applications typically are due in mid-February. We encourage you to search for additional scholarships at your state and local dietetic associations and other companies and professional organizations.
*One-time fee paid to D&D Digital to participate in the computer match process.
**A private vehicle is necessary, as sites are located 4 to 45 miles from campus and public transportation is not feasible. Proof of auto liability insurance is required. Affiliates may assess parking fees. Parking on the Mount Mary campus is free.