Program Goals & Objectives
ACEND required objectives are designated with an asterisk.*
Goal 1: Prepare competent, entry-level dietitians who excel in practice.
- 90% of graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.*
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam is at least 80%.*
- At least 80% of program interns complete program requirements within 14 months (150% of program length).*
- Of graduates who seek employment, 90 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of program completion.*
- 75% of employers give program graduates a mean competence rating above average.*
- 90% of employers would hire our program graduates in the future.
- 80% of program graduates indicate they were well prepared for their first entry-level position.
Goal 2: Stimulate program graduates to continue their professional growth through graduate education completion and certification in specialized areas of dietetics and professional activities.
- At least 50% of program graduates will continue their graduate education or seek certification in specialized areas of practice.
- At least 75% of program graduates will be members of the Academy and/or other professional organizations.
Goal 3: Meet interns’ individual learning needs and interests through internship placement sites and graduate coursework.
- 80% of program graduates will indicate a "satisfactory" or better score regarding overall program satisfaction.
- 80% of program graduates will indicate a "satisfactory" or better score regarding placement sites meeting their learning needs and interests.
- 90% of program graduates would recommend the program to others.
All program objectives were met or exceeded during the last three years. Program outcomes data are available on request.
Program highlights include:
- 100% of program graduates passed the national registration exam within one year of first attempt, and 84% passed on their first attempt.
- 78% of program graduates were employed within 3 months and 91% within 6 months of seeking employment
- 85% of employers rate our program graduates above average compared to other entry-level dietitians they have hired, and 100% would hire out internship graduates in the future
- 100% of program graduates indicate they would recommend the program to others.
- 75% of program graduates have continued their graduate education