Apply to Transfer to Mount Mary

Mount Mary University welcomes transfer students from two-year, four-year and technical colleges. We will work with you individually to ensure your admission questions are answered and the transfer process goes as smoothly as possible. Apply now or contact your transfer admission counselor to get a free transcript evaluation.

Transferring Your Credits is Easy

You can transfer up to 72 credits from a two-year school or technical college, and unlimited credits from a four-year institution. To get the transfer process started, fill out Mount Mary’s transcript request form and provide it to the registrar’s office at colleges you have previously attended. Digital transcripts can be sent electronically to

Veteran Transfer Credit

MMU evaluates all military training as part of the admission process.

Mount Mary University will award up to 12 credits for basic military training and education. Credits may be awarded based upon ACE recommendations for work recorded on the official Joint Services or Community College of the Air Force transcript.

Elective credit may be applicable based on ACE recommendations, at the lower division baccalaureate level. Credit applied directly toward major requirements would be evaluated individually with the specific academic programs. For more information, please contact your admission counselor.

AP, IB, and CLEP Transfer Credits

Mount Mary awards credit for advanced placement, international baccalaureate, and CLEP experience. View which credits transfer to Mount Mary.

Guaranteed Credit Transfer Agreements

Mount Mary has guaranteed credit transfer agreements with Gateway Technical College, Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC), University of Wisconsin system two-year colleges and Cuyahoga Community College (Ohio).

Guaranteed transfer agreements are arranged by Mount Mary’s Vice President for Academic Affairs. View the agreements below to find out which credits are guaranteed to transfer. For more information, contact Mount Mary’s Admission Office.

Fox Valley Technical CollegeFox Valley Technical College

MATCMilwaukee Area Technical College (Wisconsin)

Contact the Mount Mary Admission Office for specific course transfer information for the following programs.

UW- SystemUniversity of Wisconsin Two-Year Colleges

  • Any A.A.S. degree to Mount Mary’s liberal studies program
  • All degree programs  
  • Education programs  

Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU) Course Credit Transfer Agreement (CCTA) with Wisconsin's Technical Colleges (WCTS)

To assist Wisconsin Technical College students in furthering their academic and career goals, Mount Mary University participates in a course-to-course agreement with Wisconsin’s 16 technical colleges. The WAICU-WTCS Course Credit Transfer Agreement is designed to ensure a smooth transfer process for WTCS students who wish to pursue a degree at Mount Mary. The fourteen courses in the agreement will satisfy general education or general degree requirements when applicable. Students are responsible for confirming that these courses transfer to their intended major by working with their academic advisor.

Earn College Credit by Examination

Get a head start on completing your degree by testing out of courses and earning credit through Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate (IB). Mount Mary will accept a maximum of 20 credits by CLEP examination. Please see our current academic bulletin for complete details. Learn more about earning college credit by examination.

Contact your admission counselor for additional information.

Read Article