Archives & Special Collections
Mount Mary University’s Archives and Special Collections Department preserves the university’s history by collecting and organizing materials pertaining to the university and making those materials available for research and reference.
Mount Mary has more than 164.5 cubic feet of archival records dating back to the late nineteenth century.
- Academic bulletins and student handbooks
- Alumnae publications and directories
- Faculty and other governance committee meeting minutes
- Permanent records from the university’s academic departments and administrative offices
- Photographs, slides, audiotapes, videotapes and film of university activities
- Rare books and documents
- Student and club scrapbooks
- Student publications such as yearbooks (also available digitally), newspapers and literary magazines
- Student Master's theses and Senior Projects
Access, Services & Policies
- Collections are available to Mount Mary students, faculty, staff, alumnae and the general public.
- Research requests are accepted via email, phone and mail. Access is by appointment only.
- Photocopying or scanning may be requested for items that are not fragile, exceptionally valuable or too large. Special charges may apply.
Location, Hours & Contact Information
The Archives and Special Collections Department is located in the lower level of Haggerty Library and is staffed Tuesday and Thursdays, September through June.
For more information, contact our archivist:
Archives and Special Collections
Mount Mary University
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597
Yearbooks of Yesterday
Mount Mary College yearbook archives are online!
As part of the 2013 Centennial Celebration, Mount Mary University launched an online collection of archived yearbooks, covering the years 1930-1995. Funded by the Mount Mary Alumnae Association, this collection is sure to make you smile! View the collection now.
Mount Mary also contributes to recollectionwisconsin.org, the state-wide collaborative effort to share Wisconsin's story online. Our digital yearbooks also appear there!